Chicago Rally for Religious Freedom Takes a New
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (June 9, 2012) - This Friday, June 8, at noon local time across the country, tens of thousands of Americans, in over 150 cities coast to coast, took to the streets in public protest against the HHS Mandate during the second nationwide Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rally.
This time the flagship rally held at Chicago’s Federal Plaza took an interesting twist—suddenly transforming from a formal political rally to a Swing dance festival!
Media pundit and blogger, Jill Stanek danced unannounced on stage to a Jazz Band at the end of her speech. At the same time hundreds of youth converged on already crowded plaza wearing 1930’s style outfits, carrying huge clusters of yellow balloons and shooting yellow confetti into the crowd as cheers erupted.
The exuberant and festive Swing Dance theme was an attempt to “swing public opinion” announced organizers, “in less than a year we won’t have this kind of freedom.”
The date for the Stand Up Rally was chosen to highlight the HHS Mandate’s unconstitutional infringement of religious freedom, coming just weeks before the highly anticipated ruling on Obamacarefrom the U. S. Supreme Court, expected at the end of June.
“If Obamacare is ruled unconstitutional, we must ensure that religious freedom will be protected in subsequent health care legislation” explained Stand Up Rally national co-director Monica Miller. “But if Obamacare is not struck down, we’ll be sending the federal authorities a clear message that the faith based institutions and private businesses affected by the HHS Mandate simply will not comply with it.
Click here to see PHOTOS: https://picasaweb.google.com/104310456403281787387/ChicagoHHSRallyForReligiousFreedomTakesANewTwist
Crusaders for Life
https://picasaweb.google.com/104310456403281787387/ChicagoHHSRallyForReligiousFreedomTakesANewTwist IL, 60642 US
Lux etSacra - ,
HHS rally, rally for religious freedom, chicago, pro-life
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School
- Father Michael Gaitley to Appear on The Gist
- Surfer Bear Woznick to Appear on the CatholicTV Network
- Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address
- Scott Hahn headlines May 25 seminar at Christ the King Parish, Lombard, IL