The CatholicTV® Network to air “Path to Priesthood”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (June 1, 2012) – The CatholicTV® Network to air “Path to Priesthood”
Premiering Monday, June 4, 2012, the “Path to Priesthood”, or “P2P”, features 44-year-old Jesuit Deacon Radmar Jao, who at the time is in his third year of theological studies at the Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University at Berkeley.
Jao documents his the last few months of formation before his ordination into the priesthood in a series of videos and diaries. Jesuit Radmar Jao was ordained a priest on Saturday, June 11, 2011 at St. Aloysius Church in Spokane, Washington. The Most Reverend Blase J. Cupich, Bishop of Spokane, presided at the ordination liturgy for Jao along with newly ordained Jesuit Jaime Alejandro Olayo Méndez. In the “Path to Priesthood” viewers will see the ordination ceremony along with Jao and the parishioners at St. Aloysius.
Jesuit Deacon Radmar Jao is originally from northwest Indiana and comes from a large family of nine children. Before joining the Jesuits in 2001, Jao was a professional actor in Los Angeles and enjoyed relative success working in film, television and on stage including appearances on “Seinfeld” and in the film “Minority Report”. He won an Ovation Award (LA’s version of the Tony awards) for Best Supporting Actor for his performance as Tobias in “Sweeney Todd”.
Since entering the Society of Jesus, Deacon Jao has earned a Master’s degree in Applied Philosophy from Loyola University Chicago and completed his two-year regency assignment at the University of San Francisco where he taught acting for non-majors and theatre appreciation, as well as worked with the University Ministry team leading Christian Life Community (CLC) groups and coordinating retreats.
Father Radmar Jao, S.J., a former television and movie actor, shares his experience of Jesuit formation, as well as his doubts and joys leading up to ordination day. Watch the “Path to Priesthood” on CatholicTV and CatholicTV.com on Monday, June 4, 2012, at 11:30AM ET.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Shannon Muldoon, Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.org MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Jesuit, Priesthood, Ordination
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance