Catholic music icons unite in Dallas for special concert event
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PORTLAND, OR/DALLAS, TX — Catholic music’s most celebrated composers: Steve Angrisano, Curtis Stephan and Dan Schutte will take the stage on June 15 in Dallas, Texas for the first concert of the Age to Age: Generations of Faith Tour.
Leaving labels of youth, contemporary and liturgical behind, the tour aims to unite Catholics across generations to praise God and express a shared faith.
“Curtis, Dan and Steve, have been formed by the Church at different seasons of her history; however, they share something in common—the faith that has been passed down to them” says OCP’s Manager of Events, Laure Krupp. “That same story is true of Catholic communities everywhere. Though tastes in musical styles might vary, we are share in the same baptism and love for our God. That’s what we’re celebrating. That’s idea behind the Age to Age Tour.”
All three composers, men of deep faith, share a mutual respect and admiration for their craft.
Having grown up singing Schutte’s music, Texas native and OCP composer Curtis Stephan explains, “Dan writes the kind of music I want to write. Every time I sing something like ‘City of God’ or ‘Here I Am, Lord’, I think how relevant and powerful it is, from the day it was written to today. When music is relevant, it's timeless."
"You can see in people's faces that Steve's music really touches them. He truly ministers to people,” says composer, Dan Schutte.
The first concert of the Age to Age: Generations of Faith Tour will take place June 15 at St. Ann's Catholic Church, 180 Samuel Blvd., Coppell, TX 75019. Tickets are $10 and are available at OCP.org/AgetoAgeTour or at the event.
For more information, photo or interview requests, please contact Erin McClellan, 503.460.5363, erinm@OCP;org.
OCP, a not-for-profit publisher of liturgical music and worship resources based in Portland, Oregon, has been in operation for more than 85 years. Worship programs produced by OCP are used in two-thirds of Catholic churches in the United States and are distributed worldwide. More information is available at 1-800-548-8749, ocp.org and Facebook.com/OCPmusic.
OCP (Oregon Catholic Press)
http://www.ocp.org OR, 97213 US
Erin McClellan - PR/MarCom Specialist, 503.460.5363
OCP, Oregon Catholic Press, spiritandsong.com, agetoage, Dan Schutte, Steve Angrisano, Curtis
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary