StoryTel to Release Music CD Performed by Miles Christi Religious Order
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OMAHA, NE (May 9, 2012) — StoryTel Productions, a non-profit foundation that “inspires reverence to God,” is set to release an album of traditional folk music from Argentina performed by priests and seminarians of the Miles Christi Religious Order.
In their upcoming film on Miles Christi, StoryTel cameras follow two young seminarians from Michigan to Argentina to document daily life during their formation to become priests of Miles Christi, a growing religious order which offers silent Ignatium retreats in the U.S. and abroad.
While on location in Argentina, the StoryTel production crew learned that the Miles Christi priests and seminarians enjoy singing and playing traditional South American folk music. Recognizing the opportunity to share their heartwarming sounds, StoryTel Producer/Director Don Carney organized an impromptu recording of the musical performance.
Carney said: “They were so good, we just had to record them! I plan to incorporate some of the songs into our documentary Miles Christi: In The Mission Fields of America, which will premier on EWTN in 2013.”
Since the recording in 2011, StoryTel’s go-to audio production guru Tom Krol of Level 10 Sound, enhanced the CD audio and added a lyric book with an English translation that maintains the poetic nuances of the original Spanish.
StoryTel plans to donate the album, free of any royalties, to Miles Christi so they can sell copies and promote their mission: the sanctification of the laity, particularly of college students.
# # #
StoryTel Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit dedicated to producing compelling media works to restore the sacred and inspire reverence to God.
StoryTel serves Christian non-profit organizations by enabling them to broadcast and distribute their story at a fraction of the production cost and sometimes even for free. StoryTel's media works provide Christian organizations an emotional and compelling tool to be used for their own fundraising. Support StoryTel Foundation as we restore the sacred.
10506 Burt Circle, Omaha, NE 68114
(402) 502 9258
http://storytel.squarespace.com/storytel-blog/2012/5/4/storytel-to-release-music-cd-performed-by-miles-christi-reli.html NE, 68114 US
Brian Whittaker - Communications Director, 402-686-0303
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 2 million reach out to Heartbeat's option line
- Conference Focuses On Courage to Defend the Church
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Conference Sheds Light on Scripture through Prayer
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week