National Pilgrimage to Texas to Welcome United Nations International Pilgrim Virgin Statue May 13th
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ARLINGTON, TX (May 4, 2012) - What: The world-famous United Nations International World Apostolate of Fatima Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to be displayed at four locations in North Texas, during the
Fatima DFW Tour – First Time Ever Pilgrimage to Texas
Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3 p.m., Global Rosary for World Peace at San Mateo Catholic Church in Fort Worth, Texas. World-wide invitation for all people to join in praying the Rosary at the same time throughout the world.
(Please email us at: lovJesus@swbell.net with your name, parish name, city and country, phone optional, if you will be joining us in prayer at 3pm on May 13th.)
Where: St. Luke Catholic Church, 202 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, TX. 75060;
Monastery of the Most Holy Trinity, 5801 Mt. Carmel Drive, Arlington, TX, 76017;
San Mateo Catholic Church, 3316 Lovell Ave. , Fort Worth, TX 76105,
St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 SW Alsbury, Burleson, TX 76028
When: May 10-May 14, 2012
Who: Catholic and the Faithful of all denominations are welcome to participate
Contact: Suzette Chaires, 817-247-8527 or via e-mail lovJesus@swbell.net
North Texas Catholics Welcome International Pilgrim Virgin Statue
Statue and Relics Mark 95th Anniversary of
Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima
Texas Catholics and pilgrims from all over the southwest and across the country will observe the 95th anniversary of the Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima in a very special way.
Fort Worth Bishop Kevin Vann has given permission for the United Nations International World Apostolate of Fatima Pilgrim Virgin Statue to come to three locations in the Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth. Accompanying the statue will be the Relics of Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco, two of the three children, who reported the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal in 1917.
This event represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the Texas faithful to view this extraordinary and blessed piece of art as well as venerate the relics of two of the witnesses of Fatima.
Our Lady of Fatima appeared in apparitions reported by three shepherd children at Fatima in Portugal in the early part of the 2oth Century. These occurred on the 13th day of six consecutive months in 1917, starting on May 13. The three children were Lucia dos Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto.
This treasured International Pilgrim Image travels the globe and occupies a unique place in Catholic art and the Roman Catholic religion. It was hand-carved in the mid-1900's and is the property of the World Apostolate of Fatima – Rhode Island Division, WAF Fatima Sanctuary in Portugal. Pope Pius XII blessed this unique statue on May 13, 1947, for its mission to the United Nations and world travels.
The schedule is subject to change. Here is the schedule, so far:
• On Friday, May 11, 2012 the UN Fatima Statue and Relics will be at St. Luke Catholic Church, 202 S. MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, TX. 75060,
St Luke School Mass at 8 a.m. Students will also pray Living Rosary Procession with banners at each decade of the rosary and conclude with Student Flower Procession From 6-7p.m., there will be a colorful Children’s Rosary in Spanish with an offering of flowers. At 7 p.m., there will be a Spanish Mass. At 8:30p.m., Spanish Rosary for Immigrants. Final prayers will conclude at 10 p.m.
• Saturday, May 12, 2012 the eve of the 95th Anniversary of the Virgin Mary’s Apparitions at Fatima, the UN Fatima Statue and Relics will be at the Monastery of the Most Holy Trinity, 5801 Mt. Carmel Drive, Arlington, TX, 76017, for 7:30 a.m.Mass
• Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 4 p.m., the UN Fatima Statue and Relics will be at San Mateo Catholic Church, 3316 Lovell Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76105. Mass will begin at 6p.m. Event concludes at 1a.m., May 13. San Mateo is a Mission of St. Patrick Cathedral.
• Sunday, May 13, 2012 on the 95th Anniversary of the Virgin Mary’s Apparitions at Fatima, the UN Fatima Statue will be at St. Ann Catholic Church,
100 SW Alsbury, Burleson, TX 76028. The statue will be present for the 8a.m., 10:30a.m., and 1p.m. Spanish Mass. Visit will include Veneration of the Statue and Relics.
• Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3 p.m., San Mateo Catholic Church, 3316 Lovell Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76105. Global Rosary for World Peace
World-wide invitation for all people to join in praying the Rosary at the same time throughout the world.
• Monday, May 14, 2012, at 8:10 a.m, the UN Fatima Statue and Relics will be at Mount St. Michael Catholic School, 4500 W. Davis, Dallas, Texas 75211. 8:10a.m. Mass and 9:00a.m. Rosary This is private for campus community.
The custodian, ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards