The CatholicTV® Network to Air Special Holy Week Coverage
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (April 2, 2012) – The CatholicTV® Network to Air Special Holy Week Coverage
Tune in to the CatholicTV Network beginning Sunday, April 1, 2012 for special Masses and liturgies every day of the week through Easter Sunday on April 8, 2012. Special programming commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ will pre-empt CatholicTV’s regular schedule during Holy Week. (All programming is EST)
On Palm Sunday, April 1, watch the Mass from Notre Dame at 10 a.m. followed by Mass from the Vatican at noon and 8 p.m. On Palm Sunday you can also watch Mass broadcasted from San Antonio at 4 p.m. and Boston at 7 p.m. Tune in on Tuesday, April 3 for the Chrism Mass LIVE from Boston's Cathedral of the Holy Cross, at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
On Holy Thursday, April 5, watch the Vatican Chrism Mass at 11 a.m.; the Vatican Mass at 3 p.m., the Solemn Mass of the Lord’s Last Supper from Cathedral of the Holy Cross at 7:30 p.m. and the Holy Thursday Vigil in Jerusalem at 10 p.m.
During Good Friday on April 6, watch the Stations of the Cross from Madrid, Spain at noon, the Solemn Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross at 3 p.m., the Vatican Good Friday service at 5 p.m. and the Way of the Cross from the Coliseum in Rome at 8 p.m.
On Holy Saturday, April 7, watch the Vatican Easter Vigil at 4 p.m., the Solemn Mass of Easter from the National Shrine with Cardinal Donald Wuerl at 7 p.m., The Great Vigil and first Mass of Easter with Cardinal Seán Patrick O'Malley, OFM Cap at 8 p.m.
Tune in on Easter Sunday, April 8, to celebrate the risen Lord with Masses beginning at 7 a.m. with Cardinal Seán on CW 56 Boston (rebroadcast on CatholicTV at 7 p.m.). You can also see Notre Dame’s Easter Sunday Mass LIVE at 10 a.m. and the Pope’s Easter Sunday Mass at noon and 8 p.m. Easter Mass from San Antonio will also air at 4 p.m.
For all broadcasts from Boston, Father Reed will provide commentary.
All programming can also be seen on www.CatholicTV.com.
About the CatholicTV® Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
34 Chestnut Street
PO Box 9196
Watertown, MA 02471
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Holy Week, Archdiocese of Boston
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine
- Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae