EWTN Helps You Put the 'Holy' in Holy Week
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IRONDALE, AL (March 29, 2012) - Did you miss your parish's Lenten mission? Feel like you could have tried a little harder to be a better person this Lent?
Then, tune into EWTN this week as we enter into the holiest week of the year. Below are just a few of the great programs EWTN will air. (Note: Times are subject to change so please check our website for updates and the complete schedule at http://bit.ly/GXO74x. For a complete schedule of programs on the EWTN Radio Network, click here: http://bit.ly/Hn4sQ8.)
Palm Sunday Specials:
• I Thirst: This gripping musical drama of the Crucifixion, performed by sisters Tatiana Cameron and Sanja Mateyas, translates the life experiences of these two talented artists into a unique interpretation of Jesus' words from the Cross, "I Thirst." Airs 1 a.m. ET, Sunday, April 1 and 10 p.m. ET, Tuesday, April 3.
• The Passion According to Luke: Leonardo Defilippis' dramatic performance of these events, taken directly from Scripture, draws the audience into a deep understanding of the immensity of God's love for His children. Airs 2 a.m. ET, Sunday, April 1; 10 p.m. ET, Wednesday, April 4; and 2 p.m. ET, Saturday, April 7.
• Meditations with Fr. Groescehl: Father Groeschel shows us how Palm Sunday should prepare us for the holiest week of the year. Airs 10 a.m. ET, Sunday, April 1.
• Passion of Christ According to St. Francis: Scriptural meditations on Christ's sufferings are presented alongside a striking 14th century fresco cycle of Assisi's traditional Good Friday Procession. Airs 6:30 p.m. ET, Sunday, April 1 with an encore at 3:30 a.m. ET, Friday, April 6.
Palm Sunday Masses:
• (Live) Solemn Mass of Palm Sunday from Rome with Pope Benedict. Airs 3:30 a.m. ET, Sunday, April 1 with an encore at 8 p.m. ET, Sunday, April 1.
• (Live) Palm Sunday with the Franciscan Friars from Irondale, Ala. Airs 8 a.m. ET, Sunday, April 1, with an encore at 12 a.m. ET, Monday, April 2.
• (Live) Solemn Mass of Palm Sunday from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (BNSIC) with Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò. Airs 12 p.m. ET, Sunday, April 1.
Holy Week Specials: Suffering and Death in Our Own Lives
Among the dozens of Holy Week specials, here are three that are especially relevant to those who are suffering and need support:
• Women of Grace Specials: "Suffering, Sorrow and God's Plan." Airs 11 a.m. ET, Monday, April 2. "Help God! My Child is Dying! The Cry of a Father's Heart." Airs 11 a.m. ET, Tuesday, April 3. "A Plan for a Future Full of Hope." Airs 11 a.m. ET, Wednesday, April 4.
• John Paul II and the Sick: The Value of Suffering: Journey with Pope John Paul II around the world as he reaches out with the love of Christ to the sick and suffering and calls us, as Jesus did, to do the same. Airs 11:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, April 4.
• The Best of Mother Angelica Live: Theology Professor Father Edward Krause joins Mother to discuss the spiritual and moral dimensions involved in taking care of the sick and disabled. Airs 2 a.m. ET and 9 a.m. ET, Tuesday, April 3.
Holy Week Retreats
• Holy Week Retreat with Fr. Bede McGregor, O.P., Prior of St. Malachy's Friary in Dundalk, Ireland, Postulator of the Cause of the Servant of God Frank Duff, and Spiritual Director to the Legion of Mary. Airs 3 a.m. ET, and 11 p.m. ET, Monday, April 2 through Thursday, April 5; and 3 a.m. ET and 10:30 a.m. ET, Friday, April 6.
• Holy Week Retreat with Fr. Pablo Straub: Airs 9 a.m. ET, Monday through Friday, April 2 to April 6.
• My Little Angels: The people of the town of St. Paul make use of the season of Lent to prepare for the Passion of Christ. Animated. Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Tuesday, April 3. Animated
• Animated Stories from the New Testament: Children learn how Jesus fulfills his ministry through his Passion, Death, and Resurrection. Airs 5 p.m. ET, Tuesday, April 3.
• We Are Catholic: Redemptive Suffering: The children learn that the suffering has a value and meaning for our lives if we offer it to God with love. Airs 4 p.m. ET, Tuesday, April 3.
• Rosary for Kids: In this animated program, the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary are presented in an understandable way that will inspire children. Airs 4 p.m. ET, Wednesday, April 4.
• The Divine Mercy Chaplet for Kids: St. Faustina teaches her young friends Kristin, Enrique and others about the Divine Mercy Devotion and how to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Animated. Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, April 4.
Holy Thursday Masses:
• (Live) Chrism Mass from Rome with Pope Benedict. Airs 3:30 a.m. ET, Thursday, April 5.
• (Live) Solemn Mass of the Lord's Supper from Rome with Pope Benedict. Airs 12:00 a.m. ET, Friday, April 6.
• (Live) Choral Meditations and Solemn Mass of the Lord's Supper from the BNSIC with Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò. Airs ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over