Bishop Paul Loverde Delivering 2012 IPS Commencement Address
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arlington, VA (March, 8, 2012) - The Most Reverend Paul S. Loverde of the Arlington, VA Diocese and longstanding Institute for the Psychological Sciences' (IPS) board member and friend, will deliver the 11th commencement address on Friday, May 18, 2012. During the commencement exercises, Bishop Loverde will be conferred an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters.
Preceding commencement, Bishop Loverde will be the principal celebrant for the 1:30 p.m. Baccalaureate Mass in the Crypt Chapel at the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
"It is our great privilege to have Bishop Loverde present this year's commencement address to our graduates. His unwavering support for IPS and the work of our students is deeply edifying," said IPS President Fr. Charles Sikorsky, L.C, J.D., J.C.L.
Bishop Loverde has been an integral part of IPS since its founding in 1999 when he officiated at the Institute's dedication ceremony. In 2001, Bishop Loverde graciously accepted an invitation to join the IPS Board of Directors where he serves today.
Ordained a priest in 1965, the New England native received his B.A., summa cum laude, from Saint Bernard Seminary College in Rochester, New York. A year later, Bishop Loverde began studies in Rome, Italy, for his Licentiate in Sacred Theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University. He furthered his education at Catholic University in Washington, D.C., earning his Licentiate (J.C.L.) in Canon Law in 1982.
Before his 1999 installation as the third bishop of the Arlington Diocese, Bishop Loverde was the Bishop of Ogdensburg, New York and Auxiliary Bishop for the Archdiocese of Hartford.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://ipsciences.edu/pages/what-is-new/news-briefs/bishop-loverde-2012-ips-commencement-speake.php VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
graduate school, Catholic, psychology, psychologist, mental health, therapist, counselor, counseling
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS