St. Vincent de Paul Sets 4th Annual Friends of the Poor Benefit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (February 29, 2012) - The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is hosting its 4th Annual Friends of the Poor Benefit on Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Drury Lane Oakbrook Terrace.
The cost is $75 per person and will include a fabulous champagne brunch, silent auction, pick a prize, 50/50 raffle, the Big Raffle, and entertainment from "Padres on Parade." The Big Raffle prizes: 1st prize: 5 night cruise on the Royal Caribbean with a deluxe ocean view state room with balcony (including round trip airfare from Chicago), 2nd prize: 55-inch LG television, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th prizes: $250 gas card.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul helps hundreds of thousands of people every year. In 2011, the Society:
• Provided food, furniture, clothing, legal services, medical/dental, and utility assistance to more than 500,000 people with a value of more than $4 million.
• Made visits to those in need in homes, prisons, hospitals and elder care, helping 62,000 people.
• Helped 40,992 people find jobs, make referrals, travel aid, spiritual aid and sacraments.
• Thrift stores honored vouchers for clothing, which helped more than 2,000 people. Our two thrift stores provide those of little financial means a place to purchase quality clothing and merchandise.
• Volunteers served more than 200,000 hours and traveled more than 135,000 miles to help needy families and individuals.
• The "Special Works Projects" of our 124 conferences (community-based sites) served more than 315,000 people. Most of these special works are performed at food pantries and food service projects to the poor.
"The benefit is a great opportunity for Vincentian members, family, friends and co-workers to come together for a delicious meal, entertainment and camaraderie," said Frieda Bertello, executive director of St. Vincent de Paul. "It's great fun and an easy way to lend your support."
To attend, please contact Frieda Bertello at (312) 655-7181 or at Frieda@svdpchicago.org.
To learn more about the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Chicago or to donate, please visit www.svdpchicago.org.
About St. Vincent de Paul
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Chicago has been serving the needy since 1857, and it is the oldest charity in Chicago. The Society has more than 2,265 Vincentian volunteers throughout Cook and Lake Counties, who help provide life’s basic necessities — food, shelter, clothing, transportation, emotional comfort and more — to more than 400,000 needy individuals annually. Additionally, SVdP operates two thrift stores and 36 food pantries. To learn more or to donate about St. Vincent de Paul Chicago, please visit www.svdpchicago.org.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Chicago
http:// IL, 60661 US
David Staudacher - Community Awareness and Marketing Coordinator, 312.655.7183
St. Vincent de Paul, Friends of the Poor, Benefit, fundraiser, charity, catholic, chicago, cruise
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day
- Episode 35 with Guest Dr. Paul Thigpen
- Jersey City, NJ - Saturday August 23rd Catholic Young Professionals Mass & Biergarten Social
- CESJ Names Fr. Trigilio and Dcn. Gorini to Board of Counselors
- FORBES Ranks Franciscan University Among America's Top Colleges
- 2 million reach out to Heartbeat's option line