Preckwinkle to lead Dominican University African American & Latino Social Work Symposium
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest, IL (February 15, 2012) - Toni Preckwinkle, president of the Cook County Board of Commissioners, will be the keynote speaker at Dominican University’s fifth annual African American and Latino Social Work Symposium on March 29, 2012 at its Priory Campus, 7200 W. Division St., River Forest, IL.
Thesymposium, titled “How to Survive and Thrive in a Deepening Recession,” will bring back to Dominican the keynote guests of previous symposia to offer insights from different perspectives of social work. Scheduled guest speakers include business leader Stedman Graham, Congressman Danny Davis, priest andsocial activist Fr. Michael Pfleger, and Dominican University Provost Cheryl Johnson-Odim. Anthony Ponce, NBC 5 news reporter, will moderate the discussion.
The event will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. The event includes the keynote andpanelist discussions in the morning, provided continental breakfast, lunch and breakout sessions in the afternoon.
The symposium is co-sponsored by the Circuit Court of Cook County Juvenile Justice Division and supported by Diversity MBA Magazine, Lyceum Books, Northeastern Illinois University, andHabilitative Systems, Inc.
For more information, contact Felicia L. Townsend, GSSW assistant dean of recruitment admissions and marketing/director of the Center for Professional Excellence, at (708) 771-5298 or visit dom.edu/aals.
Founded in 2001, Dominican’s Graduate School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and offers students a unique globally focused, family centered program with a wide range of domestic and international field placement opportunities. For more information on the GSSW, visit www.dom.edu/gssw.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/february/article_0006.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
toni preckwinkle, social work, dominican university, chicago, african american, latino, hispanic
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards