Cardinal Sean O'Malley, Tom Monaghan Among Nat'l Leaders to be Honored November 11
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WAYNE, PA (November 7, 2011) – Catholic Leadership Institute (CLI) will present the 2011 Awards for Outstanding Catholic Leadership to four national Catholic leaders at a reception and dinner to be held Friday, November 11 at the Drexelbrook, in Philadelphia, PA.
The 2011 honorees include:
Cardinal Seán O’Malley – Archbishop of Boston
Thomas Monaghan – Founder of Legatus and Ave Maria University
Theresa (Terry) Polakovic – Co-founder, Executive Director, Chief Editor of ENDOW
Sr. Pauline McShain, SHCJ – Educator, Counselor and Sister of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus
CLI developed the Awards for Outstanding Catholic Leadership in 2000 to recognize people in the Catholic Church whose exemplary leadership in the family, the workplace, the community and the Church has been inspired by their Catholic faith. “It is a privilege for Catholic Leadership Institute to lift up the great work of these national Catholic leaders and celebrate their tremendous impact on our Church and world,” said Timothy C. Flanagan, Founder and Chair of Catholic Leadership Institute.
The Philadelphia event is expected to draw more than 600 guests, including cardinals, bishops and priests from around the country. A reception beginning at 6:00 p.m. will be followed by dinner and the awards ceremony. The event will be streamed live at: http://www.ustream.tv/user/CatholicLeaders.
Catholic Leadership Institute
http://www.CatholicLeaders.org PA, 19087 US
Melissa Squarcia Fordyce - Senior Communications Coordinator,
Cardinal O'Malley, Tom Monaghan, Awards, Leadership, Boston, Legatus, Ave Maria, Philadelphia, Award
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults