Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

Mother of murdered official says Obama broke promise

By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
April 12th, 2013
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

The mother of Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith -- murdered by terrorists in Benghazi in September, seven months ago, says that U.S. President Barack Obama along with other administration officials have all broken their promises. Patricia Smith says that she traveled to Washington, D.C. last September to in order to receive her son's casket, and no progress has been made on finding his killers.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Mrs. Smith demands to know why her son, along with the others killed at the State Department compound in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012 have been abandoned by their government.

"Please, please help me find out who is responsible and fix it so no more of our sons and daughters are abandoned by the country they love," she wrote in a letter sent to Rep. Frank Wolf (R.-Va.)

"When I was in Wash. D.C. at the reception of the caskets, I asked for and received promises from Pres. Obama, Hillary Clinton, Leon Panetta, VP Biden and several other dignitaries in attendance," Smith said in her letter. "They all looked me directly in the eyes and promised they would find out and let me know. I got only one call from a clerk about a month later quoting from the time line, which I already had."

Smith told Rep. Wolf that she was endorsing legislation he has proposed, H. Res. 36 to establish a special House committee specifically for the purpose of investigating the Benghazi attack and how the White House handled it and its aftermath.

Sean Smith signed up to serve in the U.S. Air Force when he was only 17 years old, and was only 34 when he was killed along with four others in Benghazi. He had served for 10 years in the State Department, working as information management specialist.

Sean is survived by his wife, Heather and two children, Nathan and Samantha, along with his mother and father.

Wolf's resolution now has 89 co-sponsors in the House and was endorsed last week by a group of 700 special operations veterans, led by retired Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, who worked with the Central Intelligence Agency, and was commander of Delta Force, and the U.S. Special Forces Command before becoming assistant secretary of defense for intelligence.

The special-forces veterans said a House special committee on Benghazi is needed so that at least 16 unanswered questions can be seriously investigated and answered for the American people, ranging from why there was no military response.

Smith, in her letter said she completely agreed with sixteen questions the special veterans were asking and the need for the special committee Rep. Wolf is requesting.

"I especially want to know WHY the four were abandoned the way they were," she said. "My son told me that he saw someone taking pictures just before this happened and reported it. He told me they asked repeatedly for better security."

Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)