A Prayer of Pope Pius XII to Mary, Queen
where sorrowing humanity makes weary progress,
through the surges of this sea of ours,
endlessly buffeted by the winds of passion,
we raise our eyes to you,
O most beloved Mother Mary,
to be comforted by the contemplation of your glory
and to hail you as Queen of heaven and earth,
Queen of mankind.
With legitimate filial pride,
we wish to exalt your queenship
and to recognize it as due
to the sovereign excellence of your whole being,
O dearest one,
truly mother of him who is King by right,
by inheritance and by conquest.
Reign, O Mother and Queen,
by showing us the path of holiness
and by guiding and assisting us
that we may never stray from it.
In the heights of heaven
you exercise your primacy
over the choirs of angels
who acclaim you as their sovereign,
and over the legions of saints
who delight in beholding your dazzling beauty.
So, too, reign over the entire human race,
above all by opening the path of faith
to those who do not yet know your Divine Son.
Reign over the Church,
which acknowledges and extols your gentle dominion
and has recourse to you
as a safe refuge amid the calamities of our day.
Reign especially over that part of the Church
which is persecuted and oppressed;
give it strength to bear adversity,
constancy never to yield under unjust compulsion,
light to avoid falling into the snares of the enemy,
firmness to resist overt attack,
and at every moment unwavering faithfulness to your
Reign over men's minds,
that they may seek only what is true;
over their wills,
that they may follow solely what is good;
over their hearts,
that they may love nothing but what you yourself love.
Reign over individuals and over families,
as well as over societies and nations;
over the assemblies of the powerful,
the counsels of the wise,
as over the simple aspirations of the humble.
Reign in the streets and in the squares,
in the cities and the villages,
in the valleys and in the mountains,
in the air, on land and on the sea;
and hear the pious prayers of all those who recognize
that yours is a reign of mercy,
in which every petition is heard,
every sorrow comforted,
every misfortune relieved,
every infirmity healed,
and in which,
at a gesture from your gentle hands,
from death itself there arises smiling life.
Obtain for us that all
who now in every corner of the world
acclaim and hail you Queen and Lady
may one day in heaven enjoy
the fullness of your kingdom
in the vision of your Divine Son,
who with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
live and reign forever and ever.
More Pope Pius XII Prayers
Showing 1 - 24 of 24
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of Mercy, forgive my failings, keep me in Your Grace, and lead me in the way of salvation. Give me strength in serving You as a follower of Christ. May the Eucharist bring me Your Forgiveness and give me freedom to serve You all my life. May it help me to remain faithful and give me ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Tesla Model 3 may fall short of forecasts, but it will still change ...
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD Video
- 'Adoration of the Magi,' painted by master painter Leonardo da Vinci, ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.