Prayer Before a Crucifix
I cast myself upon my knees in Thy sight,
and with the most fervent desire of my soul
I pray and beseech Thee
to impress upon my heart
lively sentiments of faith,
hope and charity,
with true repentance for my sins
and a most firm desire of amendment:
whilst with deep affection and grief of soul
I consider within myself
and mentally contemplate Thy five most precious Wounds,
having before mine eyes that which David, the prophet,
long ago spoke in Thine Own person concerning Thee,
my Jesus: They have pierced My hands and My feet,
they have numbered all My bones [Psalm 21, 17, 18]
Next, say the
for the Catholic Church
and the intentions of the Holy Father.
(A plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions, may be gained by those who shall say this prayer with devotion before an image of our crucified Redeemer. A partial indulgence may also be gained for each devout recitation.)
More Crucifix Prayers
Showing 1 - 2 of 2
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of Mercy, forgive my failings, keep me in Your Grace, and lead me in the way of salvation. Give me strength in serving You as a follower of Christ. May the Eucharist bring me Your Forgiveness and give me freedom to serve You all my life. May it help me to remain faithful and give me ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD Video
- 7 inspiring quotes to change your life forever
- Miracle baby defies odds after mother refuses doctors' abortion ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.