Prayer Before Mass # 4
In union with Thy Holy Church and its Ministers, and invoking the blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and all the Angels and Saints, we now offer the adorable sacrifice of the Mass for Thy honour and glory, acknowledging Thy infinite perfections, Thy supreme dominion over all creatures, our entire subjection and total dependence on Thee, and in thanksgiving for all Thy benefits, and for the remission of our sins.
We offer it for the propagation of the Catholic Faith, for our most Holy Father the Pope; for our Archbishop (or Bishop), and for all the Pastors and Clergy of Thy Holy Church, that they may direct the faithful in the way of salvation; for the King (or Queen), and for all that are in high station, that we may lead a quiet and holy life; for peace and good will among all states and people; for the necessities of mankind, and particularly for the Congregation here present; to obtain all the blessings we stand in need of in this life, everlasting happiness in the next, and eternal rest to the faithful departed.
And as Jesus Christ so ordained, when He instituted, at His Last Supper, this wonderful mystery of His power, wisdom, and goodness; we offer the Mass in grateful remembrance of all He has done and suffered for the love of us, making special commemoration of His bitter Passion, and Death, and of His glorious Resurrection and Ascension into Heaven. Vouchsafe, O Almighty and Eternal God to whom alone the homage of sacrifice is due, graciously to accept it for these and all other purposes agreeable to Thy holy will. And to render it the more pleasing, we offer it to Thee, through the same Jesus Christ, Thy beloved Son, our Lord and Saviour, our High Priest and Victim, and in the name of the most Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost: to whom be honour, praise, and glory, for ever and ever.
More Mass Prayers
Showing 1 - 56 of 56
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
I humbly salute you, O you faithful, heavenly Friends of my children! I give you heartfelt thanks for all the love and goodness you show them. At some future day I shall, with thanks more worthy than I can now give, repay your care for them, and before the whole heavenly court acknowledge ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD Video
- Artist creates breathtaking model of St. Peter's Square
- Is Callista Gingrich the best choice for the new U.S. Ambassador to ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- St. John Baptist de Rossi: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Pope Francis urges Christians to act with gentleness and respect
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 22nd, 2017 HD
- U2 lead singer, Bono endorses Psalms message HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.