THE At The Foot Of The Cross PRAYER
I will go to the altar of God. To God who gives joy to my youth. Judge me, O God, and take up my cause against the nation that is not holy. Free me from the unjust and deceitful man. For You, O God, are my strength, why have You cast me off? And why do I walk in sorrow, while the enemy troubles me? Send forth Your light and Your truth, they have led me, and brought me to Your holy hill, and to Your dwelling. I will go to the altar of God, to God who gives joy to my youth. To You, O God, my God, I will give praise upon the harp, why are you sad, O my soul? And why do you trouble me? Hope in God, for I will still praise Him, the salvation of my countenance and my God.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
I will go to the altar of God. To God who gives joy to my youth. Our help is in the name of the Lord. Who has made heaven and earth. May almighty God have mercy upon you, forgive you your sins, and bring you to life everlasting. I confess to almighty God, to blessed Mary, ever Virgin, to blessed Michael the Archangel, to blessed John the Baptist, to the holy apostles Peter and Paul, to all the saints, and to you, Father, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word, and deed; through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault. Therefore, I beg blessed Mary, ever Virgin, blessed Michael the Archangel, blessed John the Baptist, the holy apostles Peter and Paul, all the saints and you, Father, to pray to the Lord our God for me. May almighty God have mercy upon you, and forgive you your sins, and bring you to life everlasting. May the almighty and merciful Lord grant us pardon, absolution, and remission of our sins. You will turn again, O God, and quicken us. And Your people shall rejoice in You. Show unto us, O Lord, Your mercy. And grant us Your salvation. O Lord, hear my prayer. And let my cry reach up to You.
The Lord be with you. And with your spirit.
Take from us our sins, O Lord, that we may enter with pure minds into the holy of holies. Through Christ our Lord. We beg You, O Lord, by the merits of Your saints, that You would be so kind as to forgive me all my sins.
More Prayers of the Cross Prayers
Showing 1 - 10 of 10
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.