Prayer for Religious Vocations (by Pope Pius Xii)
Grant in like manner that there may never be wanting those angels of Thy charity, who will represent Thee day and night at the cradle of the orphan, at the bedside of the suffering, by the side of the aged and the sick, who perhaps have no one on earth to whom they may look for sympathy and a helping hand. Grant that humble schools, like lofty pulpits, may ever re-echo Thy voice, teaching the way to heaven and the duties proper to each one's state in life. May no land, ever so wild and remote, be deprived of the preaching of the Gospel, whereby the invitation is extended to all peoples to enter into Thy Kingdom. Increase and multiply the flames which are to spread throughout the world that fire in which the immaculate holiness of Thy Church is to shine forth in all its splendour. May there flourish in every place gardens of chosen souls who by contemplation and penance make reparation for the sins of men and invoke Thy mercy upon them. Grant that the continuous self sacrifice of these hearts, the snow-white purity of these souls and their eminent virtues may keep ever alive the perfect example of the children of God which Thou didst will to make manifest to men by Thy coming into this world.
To these armies of Thy dearly beloved souls send a large number of good vocations, souls steadfast and firm in their resolve to make themselves worthy of their high calling and to become a credit to the holy institute to which they aspire, by exact religious observance, by diligence in prayer, by constant mortification and by the perfect conformity of their will with Thine in all things.
Enlighten, O Lord Jesus, many generous souls with the fiery glow of the Holy Spirit, who is substantial and eternal love, and by the powerful intercession of Thy most dear Mother Mary, stir up and preserve in them the fire of Thy love, unto the glory of the Father and the same Holy Spirit, who together with Thee live and reign for ever and ever.
More Pope Pius XII Prayers
Showing 1 - 24 of 24
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Almighty and loving Father, I thank you for giving St. Gerard to us as a most appealing model and powerful friend. By his example, he showed us how to love and trust You. You have showered many blessings on those who call upon him. For Your greater glory and my welfare, please grant me the ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Why Google, YouTube, Facebook and others need to be broken up -- or ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- A message to Kim Kardashian: the Virgin Mary asks this ONE THING of you
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist ...
- Egypt tightens security in wake of papal visit - Will it be enough?
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.