Clinton blasts Obama on Obamacare lies, asks him to keep promise
Obama has assembled a team, but isn't making any promises.
Former President Bill Clinton has called upon Obama to keep his promise to the American people, that they can keep their existing health care plans.
President Obama has been under intense pressure from the American people who are outraged that they supported him following his promise that if they like their health care plans, and their doctors, they could keep them.
AFTER THE UNSPEAKABLE, WE SPEAK HOPE. Support Catholic Online's response to Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. DONATE NOW...
Millions of Americans have received cancellation notices from their insurance providers over the past several weeks, since their current plans do not conform to the strict Obama care regulations. This is forcing millions of Americans into the exchanges, where they are finding even with the help of government subsidies, paid for with their own tax money, the coverage is far more expensive than they anticipated.
Individual policies for middle-aged Americans cost around $200-$400 per month. Family policies can cost as much as a mortgage payment.
Until now, many people obtained insurance at lower rates, which provided less coverage but was still affordable.
Clinton said during an interview with OZY.com "I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they've got."
Clinton did however, defend Obama care saying "the big lesson is that we are better off with this law than without it."
Clinton also pointed out the flaws in the Obama care rollout and criticized the poor execution of the website.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told the press on Tuesday that the president has assigned a team to examine solutions for people who have lost their existing health insurance coverage.
However, Obama has made no pledges with regards to these financial victims of his lie. Not that it would matter, since Americans are becoming wise to the fact that they should not believe everything the president says.
Too bad it's an election too late.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?