Obamacare laws may force doctors to work for less or quit altogether
Single-payer system is being forced on all Americans.
It is a fundamental rule in economics that government interference can affect supply. As doctors opt out of Medicare and Medicaid because the programs actually cost them to see patients, a Virginia Democrat is calling upon the state legislature to force doctors to participate.
After a decade of college and years of saving lives, doctors aren't supposed to be broke. Thanks to Obamacare and new laws designed to force them into government service, they may soon be.
Unfortunately, the payments for seeing those patients is insufficient to cover costs for the doctors. If doctors are compelled by law to work and lose money, they may opt to retire or relocate to a state where they can practice without being forced to work without making anything.
Nobody can be expected to work for free, forever. However, that would be the result if Virginia passes the law proposed by Murphy.
Already, a shortage of doctors exists in the U.S. That situation is expected to worsen as doctors earn less money to cover their expenses with the advent of Obamacare, and the number of patients increases.
There will be no money to make up the differences. The first year penalty for the Obamacare mandate is just $95. That money cannot be collected if there is no IRS tax return.
Doctors can't be expected to work for free, the American people cannot afford Obamacare, which will cost a family of four about $13,000 per year.
However, out-of-touch Democrats would apparently be happy to compel doctors to work against the laws of economics.
Obamacare is a disaster in slow motion, but one we cannot afford to witness. The act must be dramatically reformed. It is a battle with special interests and politicians on one side, and doctors and taxpayers on the other.
Obamacare does not work for the American people. It works for the insurance companies and leftist politicians who advocate a single-payer system and forcing doctors to work for the government.
Be warned, socialized, special-interest managed healthcare is coming.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?