Obamacare website designed to trample your privacy but hey, is that Kim Kardashian?!
It's our fault we've been served Obamacare - you get the government you deserve.
It's a bit naÔve to expect any kind of privacy or basic respect when dealing with constructs of the Obama administration. The Obamacare website has yet more proof if its shoddiness in quality and lack of respect for your privacy. America appears to be largely okay with this.
Any information you transmit can be viewed by the government of another party if the government deems it "lawful."
Buried in the source code is this statement: "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. Any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose."
This message isn't displayed to users, but it is embedded in the source code. It is deliberately hidden. Why?
The why likely has to do with the shoddy build of the website. Large portions of the site appear to have been simply lifted, or cut and pasted from other similar websites. It's questionable how much original and unique code was written or the site.
The section on privacy was likely lifted from identical disclaimers on other government websites, then "commented out" in the code so it would not display for users. Usually commenting out lines of codes is done to disable a feature, a line or text, to make a correction, or to include a message for other programmers so they can share important notes in that section of the code.
Obamacare is a tremendous national embarrassment. Why hasn't Kathleen Sebelius, head of the Health and Human Services Department, responsible for supervising the website and its rollout resigned? Where's the shame for blowing billions of taxpayer dollars on something that barely works and blatantly violates your privacy in the process?
It is time for the American people to realize they are being fleeced by politicians whose interest is reelection and personal comfort, and whose consideration for you ends at the ballot box on election day. Our political class lives independent of our reality, they enjoy their own healthcare, their own generous pay and benefits, major perks, and live a life wholly detached from the rest of the nation. Access to their office is restricted to major donors, the ultra-wealthy.
Meanwhile, these people pass budgets and laws that generate more expenses for our grandchildren to cover. Who can look at a baby and rest at night knowing this is the world we are building for them?
We are a shameless generation, ignorant of the ideals of our founding fathers. We have lost respect for liberty, faith, and duty and replaced it with apathy. Only Black Friday shopping and the Kardashian escapades excite Americans anymore. We're obsessed with celebrity worship --a unique form of modern pornography, instead of how our nation is governed.
We're swallowing Obamacare despite the fact that no faithful person can support it in good conscience.
We're getting what we deserve, and Obamacare is just the most recent and visible example of it.
Yeah, America is number one --just not in any proud category.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?