Obamacare website designed to trample your privacy but hey, is that Kim Kardashian?!
It's our fault we've been served Obamacare - you get the government you deserve.
It's a bit naïve to expect any kind of privacy or basic respect when dealing with constructs of the Obama administration. The Obamacare website has yet more proof if its shoddiness in quality and lack of respect for your privacy. America appears to be largely okay with this.
Any information you transmit can be viewed by the government of another party if the government deems it "lawful."
Buried in the source code is this statement: "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. Any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose."
This message isn't displayed to users, but it is embedded in the source code. It is deliberately hidden. Why?
The why likely has to do with the shoddy build of the website. Large portions of the site appear to have been simply lifted, or cut and pasted from other similar websites. It's questionable how much original and unique code was written or the site.
The section on privacy was likely lifted from identical disclaimers on other government websites, then "commented out" in the code so it would not display for users. Usually commenting out lines of codes is done to disable a feature, a line or text, to make a correction, or to include a message for other programmers so they can share important notes in that section of the code.
Obamacare is a tremendous national embarrassment. Why hasn't Kathleen Sebelius, head of the Health and Human Services Department, responsible for supervising the website and its rollout resigned? Where's the shame for blowing billions of taxpayer dollars on something that barely works and blatantly violates your privacy in the process?
It is time for the American people to realize they are being fleeced by politicians whose interest is reelection and personal comfort, and whose consideration for you ends at the ballot box on election day. Our political class lives independent of our reality, they enjoy their own healthcare, their own generous pay and benefits, major perks, and live a life wholly detached from the rest of the nation. Access to their office is restricted to major donors, the ultra-wealthy.
Meanwhile, these people pass budgets and laws that generate more expenses for our grandchildren to cover. Who can look at a baby and rest at night knowing this is the world we are building for them?
We are a shameless generation, ignorant of the ideals of our founding fathers. We have lost respect for liberty, faith, and duty and replaced it with apathy. Only Black Friday shopping and the Kardashian escapades excite Americans anymore. We're obsessed with celebrity worship --a unique form of modern pornography, instead of how our nation is governed.
We're swallowing Obamacare despite the fact that no faithful person can support it in good conscience.
We're getting what we deserve, and Obamacare is just the most recent and visible example of it.
Yeah, America is number one --just not in any proud category.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?