STOP OBAMACARE NOW: Obamacare to provide elective abortions for $1
Congress asks Boehner to step in and stop Obama abortion mandate.
A letter has been sent to House Speaker John Boehner, asking him to add language to the debt ceiling legislation that would prevent the use of federal funds for abortions. Currently, people with plans that provide elective abortions can pay a dollar and get coverage for their abortion.
The letter asks, "Specifically, we are asking that you incorporate H.R. 940, the Health Care Conscience Rights Act, along with a cessation of federal dollars for abortions into the continuing resolution or legislation addressing the debt ceiling."
According to the letter, H.R. 940 would also amend Obamacare to protect both businesses and individuals from being forced to pay for coverage that includes "items or services against which they have deeply held moral or religious objections."
Such a law, if passed, would restore religious freedom and freedom of conscience for individuals including employers. To be clear, it would not excuse employers from providing health insurance, just that part which is morally objectionable, i.e. the killing of unborn children.
There can be no question that the Obama administration has pursued a pattern of behavior that attacks basic religious liberties. Recent court rulings are mentioned in the letter such as the federal appeals court decision on September 17 that said Autocam Corporation, despite being owned by devout Catholics, cannot be exempted from the Obamacare HHS edict.
This means the business owning family must now choose between earning a living and providing jobs to others, a commendable and moral obligation, while violating their conscience and committing sin, or closing their business to protect what is more important, the fundamental human right to life of all persons. This is reprehensible! It is a clear injustice and violation of the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution.
The letter points out that the Affordable Care Act does in fact pay for elective abortions, a change from decades of prior precedent.
Thanks to President Obama, abortion is free and we're paying for it, one way or another. In fact, anyone who has a plan that happens to also cover "elective abortions" will also pay a "$1 fee" which will go towards a special fund designed specifically to pay for abortions.
Meanwhile, lifesaving medical procedures, even giving birth, costs money.
Although the proposed amendment is both wise and appropriate, nobody expects any significant changes to Obamacare. The broad consensus is that some Republicans are positioning themselves for reelection by authoring letters, making largely symbolic votes. Some of the more cynical even perceive the efforts of Ted Cruz as intended to curry favor with some conservative voters.
It is expected that the Republicans, despite some of their personal convictions, will eventually pass a measure giving Obama his credit limit increase while doing nothing to fix or stop Obamacare. Even if the government does go into a temporary shutdown, nobody expects it to last.
Ultimately, voters must take a harder stance on the issues and elect representatives who will do more than grandstand , but will actually make a hard, principled stand on the issues that are essential to life in a truly free society.
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Human Dignity and Culture: Time for 'Radical' Christian Action
- Fiercely democratic Oregon only signs up 44 people for Obamacare
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?