The New Golden Calf and the Women of a New Babylon. America and Kardashian - Where's the outrage?
If you're not angry, you're not paying attention.
In Brazil, a hundred thousand people marched to protest an increase in bus fares. In Istanbul, Turkey thousands occupied the last public green space in the city as plans to cut down trees went forward. In America, the IRS harasses politically unpopular groups and gets a $70 million bonus, the government is caught spying on the people, and cover-ups of major scandals are coming at the rate of one-a-week, but hey, Kim Kardashian had her baby.
The Obama administration has been caught doubling down on a massive Bush-era domestic surveillance program that has the power to target at will, any specific individual, citizen or not, and record their every communication. Known as PRISM, it would make Joseph Stalin himself salivate. Even North Korea's Kim Jong Un must be jealous.
Prior to that, the administration has been caught lying about events in Benghazi which resulted in the deaths of three Americans including an ambassador, and has likely known for a long time - and failed to stop, the targeted harassment of politically unpopular groups via the Internal Revenue Service.
Now, the FBI has admitted that drones are being used in the skies above America to spy on individuals.
Our healthcare, our right to keep and bear arms, marriage and the family, our right to religious freedom, and the fundamental right to life are all endangered by the current administration.
Washington is overrun by lobbyists and special interests and the politicos of both sides have one mission - to get reelected. To do this, they must endear themselves to moneyed interests, and pass only those laws which such moneyed interests approve.
Every Washington politician has exempted themselves and their families from participation in Obamacare while it is being foisted upon the rest of us, without any other option. The Church and religious institutions are being told to bend the knee or suffer the consequences.
Worker's wages have been stagnant for a decade and the administration trumpets a tiny dip in historically high unemployment as a great policy achievement. Americans are getting poorer while the wealthy consolidate yet more wealth to themselves.
Our bees are dying, our children are developing autism at an alarming rate, we're failing in school and forcing parents to send their children to dangerous and failing schools, rather than allow them to choose the best school for their children. Our college graduates are being saddled with crippling debt and our elderly are reverse mortgaging their homes back to the banks. Our food supply is contaminated and our planet is polluted.
But hey, Justin Beiber was caught speeding again!
We have lost our moral core and nature always abhors a vacuum so a celebrity culture has become a new opiate for the masses.
Where's the outrage over so many of these outrages? Where are the 100,000 strong protests in the streets? Where are the pepper-spraying police trying to stop the movement of a million Americans insistent upon defending their Natural Law and Constitutionally protected rights?
They're nowhere. The patriot is dying a slow death, intoxicated on infusions of reality TV and fat. The Golden Calf and the new "Women" of Babylon have replaced God and our founding fathers as icons of Americana. We're drunk on Kool Aid.
We're chasing homes owned by banks, always priced tantalizingly out of reach. We're concerned about being able to buy ammunition that won't stop the M1A1 main battle tanks when we do someday realize we've been duped.
It may already be too late. Who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes? A month ago, we would have laughed at such concerns as the delusions of fringe personalities and conspiracy theorists. Today, we have to pause and think again.
But wait, no time to think, no time to protest, they're about to tell us the name of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's illegitimate love child!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?