HHS launches anti-life website to teach girls as young as 10 about anal sex, gay sex, and more...
Website features a number you can call to talk to a stranger about being gay.
Parents have enough challenges raising their teenage daughters as it is. They need to be aware of what's being taught in schools, who friends are daughters spend time with, and what secular influences are out there. Now they have another threat to beware of, the federal government.
The website at girlshealth.gov, does include some helpful information including tips on fitness and nutrition, but embedded within the website is information about sexual activities including anal sex, mutual masturbation, and homosexuality.
The website goes into detail about homosexuality and sex and directs kids to a phone number they can call to talk to a stranger about being gay.
The website also goes into detail outlining contraceptive options that are available to teen children.
Girlshealth.gov is targeted towards girls between the ages of 10 and 16, which raises the question of why they would present sexually explicit content to young girls.
Few people object to sex education at this age, however that education should be provided by parents and trusted educators who have a trusted, abstinence-based, pro-life agenda.
Furthermore, abstinence should be taught as opposed to contraceptive procedures. While the website does acknowledge that abstinence is the best way to prevent pregnancy or the transmission of disease, it only gives this a passing mention, then goes into detail about alternatives to abstinence.
Tragically, the Left has done a good job of setting up a false dichotomy. We are told that we have a choice between our children having "safe sex" and "unprotected sex". Either form of sexual engagement for teens is generally inappropriate because in our modern society teenagers are not equipped emotionally, physically, or financially to bear the burden of sexual activity. Not to mention the fact, that sexual activity should be reserved for marriage.
The reality is that the world has long known the absolute best way to avoid all of these issues and doesn't need the help of the government. Abstinence alone has worked for thousands of years, without government sponsorships. By reserving themselves until marriage, billions of humans have spared themselves the consequences of inappropriate sexual behavior. Only within the past few generations, in the Western world, have we turned away from this proven method that works, in favor of a false choice between the lesser of two evils.
In reality, there is a third choice that isn't evil at all.
Catholics do not need the federal government with a highly publicized anti-life agenda, to teach their children how to handle their bodies and emotions. Parents, by following the teachings of the Church, can do a much better job guiding their children toward emotional fulfillment and the physical fulfillment that comes within the context of marriage and having children.
There is good news however. Most web browsers and antivirus programs allow parents to block individual websites, particularly if they are known to contain offensive content. Girlshealth.gov should be added to that list.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?