Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
The corruption and scandal should prompt a decent person to resign.
Payola. IRS officials are being paid exorbitant bonuses for doing nothing more than their duty. Well that and harassing conservatives. A new report from the Washington Examiner reveals that Sarah Ingram, in particular, received massive bonuses after using her power to persecute conservatives.
"Ingram received a $7,000 bonus in 2009, according to data obtained by The Washington Examiner from the IRS, then a $34,440 bonus in 2010, $35,400 in 2011 and $26,550 last year, for a total of $103,390. Her annual salary went from $172,500 to $177,000 during the same period," according to the Washington Examiner.
It should be noted these payoffs came as scrutiny and persecution of tax-exempt conservatives ramped up to fever pitch.
Here's the clincher. Bonuses of the size that Ingram received, normally require presidential approval.
After paying Ingram her reward, he promoted her to be in charge of the office that oversees Obamacare compliance. And just this week, Obama pegged her successor to take the fall for her harassment of conservative groups.
So, if not for the media, Ingram would be away scot-free, money in her pocket and a new title on her door.
However, Ingram and Obama have been caught. So far, no consequences have fallen upon them, but they will. Congressional investigations into these practices have been announced and will hopefully reveal if Obama paid off Ingram for her scandalous, and allegedly illegal behavior.
Obama has disavowed any knowledge of the IRS policy to persecute conservatives.
Amusing that conservatives knew this years ago and Obama, the man signing the bonus checks, is the last to know.
The reality is that Obama did know, and is also lying to the American people about his knowledge. Nobody dares expose the lies however. Those who might blow the whistle on the government are running scared as Obama cracks down on the press.
Last week the Associated Press had two months worth of phone records seized by the administration in an effort to root out any potential whistle-blowers in the Obama administration.
With Obama controlling what makes it into the press out of his office, and a willingness to lie to protect himself, there's little likelihood we'll know the full truth of his role, if any, in the scandal.
Regardless, as the chief executive, the buck should stop with Obama. Whatever happened to that? Besieged with scandal over the IRS, Benghazi, and repression of the free press, and not to mention Obamacare and more, perhaps Obama should contemplate resignation. At least then, he can preserve some illusion of integrity.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Fiercely democratic Oregon only signs up 44 people for Obamacare
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?