News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
Conservitives stunned, Obama pickes fall guy.
Sorry to ruin your good morning, but you'll be upset to know that the possibly corrupt IRS official who was in charge of tax-exempt organizations when that unit targeted conservatives, is now running the IRS office responsible for your health care.
Meanwhile, the unfortunate man who assumed her duties when she departed, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for her alleged misdeeds. During Imgram's time as chief, Grant also served in the same office as a deputy commissioner, so he isn't entirely innocent either.
Grant is stepping down on June 3.
However, the chief culprit is still working today, charged with overseeing your compliance with Obamacare.
One f the greatest faults with Obamacare is that the IRS is the chief enforcer of the act as far as individual citizens are concerned. Consume Obama's insurance and you'll be fine. If you don't consume enough however, it will be up to Ingram to penalize you.
Several conservative politicians have expressed concern over Ingram's role in enforcing Obamacare compliance. Sen. John Cornyn said, "Now more than ever, we need to prevent the IRS from having any role in Americans' health care. "I do not support Obamacare, and after the events of last week, I cannot support giving the IRS any more responsibility or taxpayer dollars to implement a broken law."
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he was stunned to hear of Ingram's new role.
Of course, it's business as usual for Obama. He has distanced himself from the scandal, disavowed any knowledge and chosen a fall guy for the blame. Now his work defending Obamacare from republicans and other concerned citizens can continue until the system is forced on all Americans in less than 8 months time.
Perhaps now that the media has learned of Ingram's new role, Obama will have little choice but to replace her. Pray so, pray so.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?