News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
Conservitives stunned, Obama pickes fall guy.
Sorry to ruin your good morning, but you'll be upset to know that the possibly corrupt IRS official who was in charge of tax-exempt organizations when that unit targeted conservatives, is now running the IRS office responsible for your health care.
Meanwhile, the unfortunate man who assumed her duties when she departed, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for her alleged misdeeds. During Imgram's time as chief, Grant also served in the same office as a deputy commissioner, so he isn't entirely innocent either.
Grant is stepping down on June 3.
However, the chief culprit is still working today, charged with overseeing your compliance with Obamacare.
One f the greatest faults with Obamacare is that the IRS is the chief enforcer of the act as far as individual citizens are concerned. Consume Obama's insurance and you'll be fine. If you don't consume enough however, it will be up to Ingram to penalize you.
Several conservative politicians have expressed concern over Ingram's role in enforcing Obamacare compliance. Sen. John Cornyn said, "Now more than ever, we need to prevent the IRS from having any role in Americans' health care. "I do not support Obamacare, and after the events of last week, I cannot support giving the IRS any more responsibility or taxpayer dollars to implement a broken law."
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he was stunned to hear of Ingram's new role.
Of course, it's business as usual for Obama. He has distanced himself from the scandal, disavowed any knowledge and chosen a fall guy for the blame. Now his work defending Obamacare from republicans and other concerned citizens can continue until the system is forced on all Americans in less than 8 months time.
Perhaps now that the media has learned of Ingram's new role, Obama will have little choice but to replace her. Pray so, pray so.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Small businesses will have to wait: Obama delays coverage to businesses for a year
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?