NRA membership soars as Obama threatens to impose his will without Congress
Obama's butcher bill is higher than any gunman's.
President Obama is planning to end-run Congress with as many as 23 executive actions whereby he can erode a law-abiding citizens' Second Amendment rights without worrying about Congressional approval. With comprehensive gun legislation halted in April over concerns for individual rights, the President is preparing to use his favorite tactic to circumvent the Republic.
The comments were delivered as Air Force One spirited away Obama to Costa Rica for a visit.
Meanwhile, the National Rifle Association held its national convention in Houston, TX also attended by Governor Rick Perry.
Perry told the Washington Times, "His goal - well before he became president of the United States was to try to disarm the American Public... He just disregards the Constitution."
What Carney told reporters about Obama aboard Air Force One seems to affirm what Perry said. Obama is willing to do whatever it takes to push his agenda, even if it means circumventing Congress and the voice of the American people.
That voice is growing louder. As Obama forges ahead with plans to disarm the people, National Rifle Association is growing. At its annual convention, the NRA announced it has surpassed 5 million members. The NRA has set a goal of 10 million members.
NRA CEO, Wayne LaPierre explained that Obama's anti-rights crusade is rallied with blatant lies including "the biggest whopper of all is that 90 per cent of Americans support his background check bill."
Gun violence occurs regardless of anti-gun laws because criminals don't have any regard for law. However, tyranny occurs where there are no guns to stop it. Not a single proposal from Obama's camp would have stopped the violence at Sandy Hook Elementary school, or a myriad of other tragedies the nation has recently witnessed.
Nor is violence restricted to the use of guns, mayhem can be carried out just as effectively with a knife or with a bomb. Those intent upon the destruction of human life will use whatever means they have at their disposal, be that guns, knives, bombs, or even drone aircraft, abortion funding, and executive orders.
How many Adam Lanzas would it take to equal the butcher bill Obama has tallied up?
We use armed police to stop criminals every day, but what will the people use to stop the threat of tyranny?
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?