Hacked emails between Clinton, Blumenthal raise questions
Notorious hacker 'Guccifer' spreads intercepted messages
Confidential emails purportedly from former political adviser Sidney Blumenthal to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, hacked by the notorious internet pirate "Guccifer" have since been widely distributed to politicians and news sources. The authenticity of the emails remains in question - furthermore, they raise more questions than answers in regards to the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans.
The first email, dated September 12, 2012, reports that senior advisors told the President of Libya during the day of September 11 that attacks were sparked by the Cairo demonstrations and anger over an anti-Muslim video.
The first email, dated September 12, 2012, reports that senior advisors told the President of Libya during the day of September 11 that the Benghazi and Tripoli attacks were sparked by the Cairo demonstrations and anger over an anti-Muslim video, the amateurish "Innocence of Muslims" that can viewed in entirety on various Web sites.
However, the President himself attributed the anti-American activity at the Tripoli and Benghazi facilities to efforts to undermine his regime by tying him to the CIA. He offered warning that his enemies were working to take advantage of his suspected links to the CIA during a sensitive time.
The timeline reported is under question as Blumenthal reports the President meeting with advisors during the day of September 11 -- the organized attacks in Benghazi did not begin until after 9 p.m. that evening.
It has been suggested that Clinton was being fed incorrect information as the events in Benghazi unfolded. The fact that the President met with advisors before the real attack even began might cast doubt on his interpretation of events, which seemed to suggest an attack mounted by his domestic enemies.
A second memo from Blumenthal to Clinton dated February 16 marked as coming "from extremely sensitive sources and should be handled with care." Blumenthal reports a consensus among affected governments in the region that the Benghazi and Algerian gas field attacks were coordinated by Al-Qaeda related terrorist groups.
Officials say that everyone must approach these emails with caution as these are first and partial accounts of hacked emails that may be fabricated by someone with a hidden agenda. Some have suggested that the selection of excerpts appears to fit into Russian Premiere Vladimir agenda, who, displeased unhappy with the overthrow of Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafi wished to emphasize the sinister role played by the CIA in Libya. The second memo refutes Obama's claim of an Al Qaeda on the run by showing an increasingly coordinated pattern of Al Qaeda sponsored attacks throughout the Middle East.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?