Notorious hacker leaks confidential Clinton emails
Guccifer has released emails regarding Benghazi attacks.
A hacker known to the world only as "Guccifer" has released confidential memos sent to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Guccifer has struck before and continues to take great pains to conceal himself from FBI investigation. It is unclear of the memos contain compromising information.
Hillary Clinton now finds herself in the sights of a notorious computer hacker.
The emails were stolen from Blumenthal's hacked email account, then distributed to several media personalities and key figures. It is unclear if the memos contain compromising information, and Catholic Online has not yet received any copies for review.
Among those who did receive the emails were sent to aides of former House and Senate officials who are no longer in office. He also sent emails to members of the Russian media.
Catholic Online has learned that four specific emails have been shared. The emails are all dated to within the last five months, and dealt with various issues concerning Libya, particularly the terrorist attacks that took place there on Sept. 11, 2012.
One emails is labeled "confidential" and was sent on Sept. 12.
Guccifer has taken great pains to conceal his identity. He has not sent the actual word docs attached to the emails, which would contain data from his computer, but rather anonymous screen-captures of them. He has even changed the font of the messages to "comic sans."
It is believed he has used proxies as well as privacy software commonly used by hackers who wish to conceal their identity.
This is not his first attack either. Guccifer has targeted George W. Bush, Colin Powell and other personalities, although most were members of the GOP and Bush administration. This is his first attack on a member of the left.
If caught, Guccifer could spend years in prison, however authorities aren't even sure if he is an American.
Over the course of the day, it is expected the memos will be studied and publicized. If they somehow reveal that Clinton had a wider role than claimed in the tragedy in Benghazi, a fresh scandal could erupt - one that could end her career.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Hillary Clinton Super Pac, Blumenthal, Guccifer, hack, memos, emails, leak
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 'Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was!' Virginia GOP nominee says
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?