Hillary gets super PAC, already working towards 2016
Clinton would make history, but is notoriously anti-life.
The clamor to replace Obama with Hillary Clinton in 2016 has already started. The first major effort to push her into office has been launched by the new super-PAC, "Ready for Hillary." The group will also initiate a website in the coming weeks.
Hillary Clinton, the former first lady and secretary of state, has not yet said if she plans to run for the White House in 2016, however she is often touted as a favorite of the left. She would also be the first female president, and her husband, Bill Clinton, would become the first man.
Despite the great history Clinton would make by virtue of her resume and as the first female president of the United States, Clinton has an unfortunate reputation of affiliating herself with anti-life movements. Clinton has previously voiced her support for abortion and other practices that actively contravene and destroy life in the womb.
Ready for Hillary is being led by Allida Black and Judy Beck, two longtime supporters who previously helped her raise $100,000. The women also supported her bid for the presidency in 2008, although Clinton quit the race early.
Despite the early quit in 2008, the left has long been eyeing Hillary for 2016. Some speculate her work as Secretary of State was designed to groom her for succeeding Obama. However, the terror attacks in Benghazi in 2012, threatened to embroil her in controversy that almost cost her reputation.
Clinton is finishing her work as Secretary of State over the next couple of weeks. After that time, it is expected that the website will be launched and the movement will begin in earnest. Both the early start and the relative experience of her supporting staff means she should be well positioned for 2016.
Conservatives and pro-lifers will need to stage a monumental effort if they truly want to rival Clinton's bid.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Hillary Clinton, super PAC, Ready for Hillary, president
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- The New Golden Calf and the Women of a New Babylon. America and Kardashian - Where's the outrage?
- FBI admits to using drones on U.S. soil. What's next armed drones?
- Supreme Court: No, you can't ask for proof of citizenship for voter registration
- What happens when the Culture of Surveillance meets the Culture of Corruption?
- Obama tells Charlie Rose Americans are uninformed on NSA program. So why doesn't he inform us?
- Bombshell: Low-level NSA agents can wiretap anyone, even the president, sans warrant
- PRISM precursor programs sparked concerns, potential resignations under Bush
- Facebook, Microsoft reveal number of government requests for your info, but no details
- Whistle-blower Snowden says Obama can still save face after PRISM debacle
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?