Hillary gets super PAC, already working towards 2016
Clinton would make history, but is notoriously anti-life.
The clamor to replace Obama with Hillary Clinton in 2016 has already started. The first major effort to push her into office has been launched by the new super-PAC, "Ready for Hillary." The group will also initiate a website in the coming weeks.
Hillary Clinton, the former first lady and secretary of state, has not yet said if she plans to run for the White House in 2016, however she is often touted as a favorite of the left. She would also be the first female president, and her husband, Bill Clinton, would become the first man.
Despite the great history Clinton would make by virtue of her resume and as the first female president of the United States, Clinton has an unfortunate reputation of affiliating herself with anti-life movements. Clinton has previously voiced her support for abortion and other practices that actively contravene and destroy life in the womb.
Ready for Hillary is being led by Allida Black and Judy Beck, two longtime supporters who previously helped her raise $100,000. The women also supported her bid for the presidency in 2008, although Clinton quit the race early.
Despite the early quit in 2008, the left has long been eyeing Hillary for 2016. Some speculate her work as Secretary of State was designed to groom her for succeeding Obama. However, the terror attacks in Benghazi in 2012, threatened to embroil her in controversy that almost cost her reputation.
Clinton is finishing her work as Secretary of State over the next couple of weeks. After that time, it is expected that the website will be launched and the movement will begin in earnest. Both the early start and the relative experience of her supporting staff means she should be well positioned for 2016.
Conservatives and pro-lifers will need to stage a monumental effort if they truly want to rival Clinton's bid.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?