Susan Rice lies may cost nomination
Senators sayingt hey may now oppose her promotion.
A group of GOP senators have growing concerns over Susan Rice, the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. and most likely successor to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Rice took questions from Senators John McCain, Lindsay Graham, and Kelly Ayotte. The senators said they were concerned about her possible promotion.
McCain and Graham are not impressed with the misleading comments made by Susan Rice in the wake of the Benghazi terrorist attacks.
Rice made a series of statements following the attacks that they were not organized assaults, but rather the result of a spontaneous protest against an American-made anti-Islam video. Rice made these comments in spite of the truth, of which she was aware.
Now resigned CIA Director, David Petraeus said the CIA knew right away the attacks were acts of terror based on the organization of the terrorists and the use of heavy weapons such as mortars.
The attack was eventually shown to be the work of al-Qaeda-linked terrorists. Petraeus also testified that his report appeared altered to downplay the obvious conclusion that the attacks were staged by terrorists.
Despite these facts, of which Rice had knowledge, she informed the White House that she felt the attacks were the result of a protest.
This pleased President Obama, who facing defeat in the coming election was reticent to lay down any narrative that might suggest his foreign policy was failing and that al-Qaeda was resurgent.
Meanwhile, Republican senators appear increasingly likely to oppose the nomination of Susan rice if the White House dares to nominate her.
The White House has not said if they would, or would not, nominate Rice, however, they appear to be grooming her for nomination. She has been repeatedly lauded by the President and his staff and her name has been dropped more than once in discussion about who may replace Clinton.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Fiercely democratic Oregon only signs up 44 people for Obamacare
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?