Leading Democrat investigating Petraeus, Obama
Diane Feinstein wants answers to what happened in Benghazi.
Senator Diane Feinstein doesn't care if former CIA Director, David Petraeus has already resigned. She is calling him to the mat to answer for what happened on his watch in Benghazi. Feinstein is the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
Feinstein is calling Petraeus to answer questions about what he knew and did both before and after the attacks. Petraeus took a trip to Benghazi just before the attacks. It is expected Feinstein will also subpoena reports from that trip as well.
Petraeus may have a lot to say about events in Behgnazi. Just days before his resignation, the director was conducting his own investigation into what happened in Benghazi, returning from a trip to Tripoli.
What will make the hearings a bit unusual is that Petraeus has resigned, and is now embroiled in another scandal of his own creation. The former CIA Director resigned on Friday amid allegations that he had an affair with journalist and army reserve officer, Paula Broadwell who wrote his biography.
Petraeus gained priominence when he commanded U.S. forces in Iraq and engineered the "surge" strategy that eventually broke the insurgency there and allowed for a timely U.S. exit. Petraeus
Was then promoted to head the CIA, where he otherwise served honorably.
Now, the Obama administration has a mess on its hands. Not only is the administration responsible for the failure of American security in Benghazi, but the administration is scandalized by the Petraeus
Now a staunchly Democratic senator is conducting her own probe into the events in Benghazi. It says much about the national security and CIA situation when a sitting president is investigated by his own party members for national security failures.
At this time, no criminal charges are planned in either the Benghazi or Petraeus investigations.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Human Dignity and Culture: Time for 'Radical' Christian Action
- Fiercely democratic Oregon only signs up 44 people for Obamacare
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?