Leading Democrat investigating Petraeus, Obama
Diane Feinstein wants answers to what happened in Benghazi.
Senator Diane Feinstein doesn't care if former CIA Director, David Petraeus has already resigned. She is calling him to the mat to answer for what happened on his watch in Benghazi. Feinstein is the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
It can't be good when your own party starts investigating you.
Feinstein is calling Petraeus to answer questions about what he knew and did both before and after the attacks. Petraeus took a trip to Benghazi just before the attacks. It is expected Feinstein will also subpoena reports from that trip as well.
Petraeus may have a lot to say about events in Behgnazi. Just days before his resignation, the director was conducting his own investigation into what happened in Benghazi, returning from a trip to Tripoli.
What will make the hearings a bit unusual is that Petraeus has resigned, and is now embroiled in another scandal of his own creation. The former CIA Director resigned on Friday amid allegations that he had an affair with journalist and army reserve officer, Paula Broadwell who wrote his biography.
Petraeus gained priominence when he commanded U.S. forces in Iraq and engineered the "surge" strategy that eventually broke the insurgency there and allowed for a timely U.S. exit. Petraeus
Was then promoted to head the CIA, where he otherwise served honorably.
Now, the Obama administration has a mess on its hands. Not only is the administration responsible for the failure of American security in Benghazi, but the administration is scandalized by the Petraeus
Now a staunchly Democratic senator is conducting her own probe into the events in Benghazi. It says much about the national security and CIA situation when a sitting president is investigated by his own party members for national security failures.
At this time, no criminal charges are planned in either the Benghazi or Petraeus investigations.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Petraeus, Feinstein, investigation, Benghazi, Stevens
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?