Romney's final push to win
Candidate isn't resting on laurels amid close election.
Mitt Romney's not sitting on this laurels. The presidential candidate is campaigning on election day sweeping through Pennsylvania and Ohio. With several battleground states still in play Romney isn't taking chances, staying on a strong trajectory, delivering 100 percent to voters.
Romney is making the stops to campaign a little and to thank volunteers while helping with get-out-the-vote efforts.
Some analysts say that Romney's election day campaigning is a sign of concern, that Romney is worried that he will lose both Pennsylvania and Ohio. However, the Romney campaign says the move is designed to capture Pennsylvania which recently came into play as Romney's numbers surged on the last days of the campaign.
As for Ohio, the battleground state is simply too important to ignore. Analysts have suggested previously that Ohio voters, specifically those in key precincts, could decide the election. This has caused Romney to make near-daily stops in the state to capitalize on his rising tide of popularity.
Still, polls suggest Obama holds a very slight lead in Ohio. Romney's aides are reminding everyone who asks that the polls are well within the margin of error.
Candidates have spent election day politicking before. Bush and Kerry both campaigned on election day in 2004, as did Obama and McCain in '08.
Romney has also been strengthened with star power as several celebrities have publicly backed his cause. In New Hampshire, Kid Rock played at a rally for the presidential hopeful.
Romney was originally criticized for being too lackluster and flat to win a presidential campaign. However, the candidate has overcome these objections, staging ever-improving campaign performances. His greatest success came during the first presidential debate where Romney outperformed Obama in every respect.
For the first time, many Americans saw Romney as a true presidential prospect, and Obama as a bumbling insider. Since that performance, the race has been tight with Romney leading slightly in the popular vote.
However, Obama has held stubborn leads in battleground states.
There is an excellent chance that election results may not be known until sometime Wednesday.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Small businesses will have to wait: Obama delays coverage to businesses for a year
- No surprise: EPA prepares fresh stack of over 130 new regulations
- Supreme Court to Hear New Cases Challenging Constitutionality of Obamacare Mandate
- NSA monitoring pornography Web sites of suspected troublemakers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?