New Obama tax forms will ensure you consume...
Let's hope you like paperwork because the IRS has a surprise for you. Starting in 2014, thanks to Obamacare, you will have a new tax form to fill out in which you must prove you are buying insurance or pay a stiff penalty. You will be required to use personally identifying health information to comply.
At least six million families in the US are expected to pay a penalty under Obamacare.
The new requirements mandate that insurance companies send documents via mail every January, just as your employer must do with your W-2s or 1099 document. This documentation will contain personally identifying health information which can potentially enable a third party to access your health records.
Obamacare supporters say this is unfortunately necessary because it is the only way to enforce insurance consumption. Without this provision, the government could not make you pay anything under Obamacare.
On an individual basis, it's one document filed annually. It should be quick and easy to complete. However, when these documents multiply by the millions, basically one for every citizen, the size and nature of the burden becomes obvious.
The cost to produce, mail, and process the added documentation will be enormous. And that's not even examining the privacy concerns that the circulation of such documents will present.
Unfortunately, there's little citizens can do about this since Obamacare is now law and has survived judicial review as a form of taxation. If there's any one thing that affirms Justice John Robert's ruling that Obamacare is a tax, this is exactly it.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Small businesses will have to wait: Obama delays coverage to businesses for a year
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?