New Obama tax forms will ensure you consume...
Let's hope you like paperwork because the IRS has a surprise for you. Starting in 2014, thanks to Obamacare, you will have a new tax form to fill out in which you must prove you are buying insurance or pay a stiff penalty. You will be required to use personally identifying health information to comply.
At least six million families in the US are expected to pay a penalty under Obamacare.
The new requirements mandate that insurance companies send documents via mail every January, just as your employer must do with your W-2s or 1099 document. This documentation will contain personally identifying health information which can potentially enable a third party to access your health records.
Obamacare supporters say this is unfortunately necessary because it is the only way to enforce insurance consumption. Without this provision, the government could not make you pay anything under Obamacare.
On an individual basis, it's one document filed annually. It should be quick and easy to complete. However, when these documents multiply by the millions, basically one for every citizen, the size and nature of the burden becomes obvious.
The cost to produce, mail, and process the added documentation will be enormous. And that's not even examining the privacy concerns that the circulation of such documents will present.
Unfortunately, there's little citizens can do about this since Obamacare is now law and has survived judicial review as a form of taxation. If there's any one thing that affirms Justice John Robert's ruling that Obamacare is a tax, this is exactly it.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?