Ohio machine changes woman's vote to Obama, again and again...
Paper ballots encouraged.
Reports are coming in that voters may have issues with voting machines in Marion County, Ohio. Local media is reporting that Joan Stevens, a registered voter, was attempting to use a voting machine to cast her ballot for Mitt Romney when the machine kept changing her selection to Barack Obama.
The matter was eventually sorted out and the machine recalibrated.
Stevens was able to vote for her candidate of choice.
According to elections officials there, it now works properly. No other anomalies are being reported at this time.
The issue at hand is the accuracy and reliability of the machines, which could become a decisive factor in next Tuesday's elections. With the election expected to be very close, a few anomalies could throw the matter into disarray.
Many voters still remember the nightmare caused in 2000 when George W. Bush defeated Al Gore by a slim margin in Florida after a recount of that state's ballots.
Concerned voters are welcome to cast traditional, paper ballots and may also vote from home using an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots can then be mailed to elections officials or may even be hand-delivered to a polling station on Election Day.
Voters across the nation are expected to use electronic voting machines across the country. Voters are advised to check their selections carefully and to review their receipts if provided. Any anomalies or difficulties should be immediately reported to elections officials.
Perhaps the safest bet for now may be to stick with a traditional paper ballot, no matter where you live.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?