Hudson & Fournier: Catholic Countdown to Election 2012, Day 10: Consequences for Alphabetical Voter Guides
"consequences" for those who prepared the alphabetical guide. We told him, based upon our experience over the years, "probably not." His response, "Then's there no leadership, it's a joke."
The mainstream media who have noticed the stories we've written on the alphabetical voter guide may consider this "business as usual" in regard to the bishops' lack of control over their state conferences and the USCCB. Here are some of the Catholic conferences using the alphabetical issue guide known as, "Know the positions of the presidential candidates":
We can easily imagine someone reading this story and wondering why we continue to "harp" about this. The answer is simple but not necessarily apparent to those who have not been deeply involved with Catholic voters through four national elections: Voiding the distinction between settled, or non-negotiable issues and those issues which allow for the application of prudential judgment is the primary tactic used to win Catholic support for pro-abortion and anti-marriage politicians.
Can we say that any plainer? To erase the qualitative difference between these two sets of issues is to adopt the foremost tactic of the pro-abortion, anti-marriage/ pro "same-sex marriage" crowd. The use of these alphabetical voter guides means that state Catholic conferences are de facto participating in this tactical effort.
Let us be clear -- we are not saying that "consequences" means people lose their jobs; it means that measures will be taken to insure such "information" is never distributed to Catholic voters again.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: social justice, social doctrine, Catholic Vote, Voter guides, State catholic Conferences, Obama, Biden, Romney, Ryan, campaign 2012, Deal W Hudson, Keith A Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?