Hundreds -- if not thousands of tweets threaten violence against Romney
Obama supporters continue their threats to riot, Assassinate Romney on Twitter
The Social Networking device Twitter has recently been flooded with hundreds if not thousands of "tweets" vowing to assassinate GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should he win the election. Ostensible supporters of President Barack Obama have continued to threaten riots, among other social upheavals in the event of a Romney election victory - and federal agents are taking these threats very seriously.
The Social Networking device Twitter has recently been flooded with hundreds if not thousands of "tweets" vowing to assassinate GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should he win the election.
Some on Twitter have made direct threats to assassinate Mitt Romney, prompting the Secret Service to announce that it was "aware" of the threats and would "conduct appropriate follow up if necessary."
The media was keen on reporting the threats made against Obama prior to the 2008 election. The media of today, however, appear to be remiss in not reporting the similar attacks that have been made on Romney's life. The act of a few old guys hanging up empty chairs in reference to Clint Eastwood's RNC speech seemed to generate more coverage from the press compared to hundreds if not thousands of tweets threatening violence against Mitt Romney.
Those who have expressed opposition to Obama's policies have been treated as potential violent threats by authorities in the past, and yet not a single Twitter user has faced retribution for making direct and sometimes graphic death threats against Romney.
"Leftists routinely cry foul and attempt to demonize conservatives as violent extremists whenever online rhetoric gets heated, and yet when their own engage in even worse conduct, their behavior is absolved and the media is disinterested," Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars.com writes.
Obama front group Think Progress has attempted to imply that the whole story was somehow a racist contrivance dreamed up by the Drudge Report and Infowars.
Few would argue that if the Secret Service does plan on following up every single negative comment on Romney, they are going to be very busy indeed.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?