Hundreds -- if not thousands of tweets threaten violence against Romney
Obama supporters continue their threats to riot, Assassinate Romney on Twitter
The Social Networking device Twitter has recently been flooded with hundreds if not thousands of "tweets" vowing to assassinate GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should he win the election. Ostensible supporters of President Barack Obama have continued to threaten riots, among other social upheavals in the event of a Romney election victory - and federal agents are taking these threats very seriously.
The Social Networking device Twitter has recently been flooded with hundreds if not thousands of "tweets" vowing to assassinate GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should he win the election.
Some on Twitter have made direct threats to assassinate Mitt Romney, prompting the Secret Service to announce that it was "aware" of the threats and would "conduct appropriate follow up if necessary."
The media was keen on reporting the threats made against Obama prior to the 2008 election. The media of today, however, appear to be remiss in not reporting the similar attacks that have been made on Romney's life. The act of a few old guys hanging up empty chairs in reference to Clint Eastwood's RNC speech seemed to generate more coverage from the press compared to hundreds if not thousands of tweets threatening violence against Mitt Romney.
Those who have expressed opposition to Obama's policies have been treated as potential violent threats by authorities in the past, and yet not a single Twitter user has faced retribution for making direct and sometimes graphic death threats against Romney.
"Leftists routinely cry foul and attempt to demonize conservatives as violent extremists whenever online rhetoric gets heated, and yet when their own engage in even worse conduct, their behavior is absolved and the media is disinterested," Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars.com writes.
Obama front group Think Progress has attempted to imply that the whole story was somehow a racist contrivance dreamed up by the Drudge Report and Infowars.
Few would argue that if the Secret Service does plan on following up every single negative comment on Romney, they are going to be very busy indeed.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?