The BIG Obama lie nobody caught on Tuesday
Nobody except Planned Parenthood and Catholics.
Obama has been caught in another lie. During Tuesday's presidential debate, Obama remorselessly supported Planned Parenthood, saying women rely on them for mammograms.
"When Gov. Romney says that we should eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood, there are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for not just contraceptive care; they rely on it for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings. That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country, and it makes a difference in terms of how well and effectively women are able to work," Obama lied.
In reality, no Planned Parenthood facility in the US even has mammogram equipment.
The FDA regulates and licenses mammogram facilities in the US, and such machines cannot be owned and operated without an FDA license. The FDA records indicate that no Planned Parenthood facility has such a license.
Planned Parenthood does, in fact, refer women seeking mammograms to other, non-Planned Parenthood facilities.
So, why the lie?
One can only speculate, however based on past statements, including the HHS edict issued last year requiring private and religious employers to provide contraception and abortifacients to women for free, on demand, shows how badly misguided Obama is.
Either we must accept that the President looked every American in the eye and told them a direct lie, which is not only unbecoming, but also evil, or we must consider the possibility that he simply does not know better.
Obama's faith, whatever it might be, does not properly inform him of the importance and primacy of life as an issue.
Rather, the President sees life as beginning at birth, against all understandings of human biology and he refuses to see otherwise. Furthermore, he is using the man-made, artificially contrived "right to choose" as a means of soliciting votes.
In reality, we do not have a right to choose beyond which point we engage in activity that may produce a child. It is our Creator who then chooses life for us. This is what natural law, reflected in biology, tells us.
Ultimately, Americans must carefully decide who they want in the Oval Office. Do Americans desire a man who is either evil, or so poorly informed and misguided that he cannot help but do harm? Or do we desire someone who is at least informed by a faith that is consistent with natural law on the issue of life?
The answers to such questions are fundamental and profound. We would do well to consider them very carefully before stepping into the voting booth this November.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?