Why did Biden lie about THIS?
Biden said he knew nothing of security request for Libya
Sometimes we expect politicians to lie. We expect them to oversimplify problems, to use loaded language, and to skew numbers. Still, one area where we expect honesty is when it comes to the safety and security of all Americans, especially those serving abroad. So why did Biden lie when he was asked about the attacks in Benghazi last night?
This fib came out just hours after State Department security officials testified under oath at a special hearing in Congress that they made repeated requests for more security only to have those requests denied.
Eric Nordstrom, the top security official for the region complained, "All of us at the post were in sync that we wanted those resources.
Nordstrom said he was denied because Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb told him there would be too much political cost.
Then, to drive the point home, house Oversight Committee Chairman Darrel Issa (R-CA) released the cables containing those requests.
During the debate, Republican vice presidential hopeful Paul Ryan pointed out that the ambassador to France has a Marine detachment to oversee his personal security. Ambassador Chris Stevens, who was killed in Benghazi on September 11, did not. The only Marines present at the embassy were tasked with protecting classified information, not the ambassador.
Ryan also went further and questioned why the Obama administration has been so reticent to discuss the fact the attacks in Benghazi were actually terror attacks staged by an Al Qaeda operative.
This serves to illustrate that the Obama administration is being neither honest nor wise in dealing with these threats posed by Islamic extremists. As to motive, this is difficult to guess, but it's costing American lives, and Obama's administration appears well-prepared to lie about it on national television.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?