Jo Ann Nardelli of Pennsylvania: Catholic Democrat Leaves the Party Because 'Biden Sold Out'
If you really look deep in your heart, you look for what the truth of what you're taught
"I always looked up to him. I feel badly at over what has happened to him. My Dad was the Old Italian Catholic. He was down to earth, honest and spoke his mind. But he always defended his Catholic faith, only Irish."
Jo Ann Nardelli from Altoona, Pennsylvania
ALTOONA, PA (Catholic Online) - I just got off the telephone with a woman named Jo Ann Nardelli from Altoona, Pennsylvania. She is from the same kind of family I was raised in, only from Pennsylvania. I was raised in Dorchester, Massachusetts.
My readers know the type of family to which I refer, blue collar, hard working, salt of the earth Catholic families. For the longest time, the Democratic Party could count on our support. Those days are coming to an end.
Jo Ann has become one of my heroes. She showed courage when she made waves in Pennsylvania political circles. She discovered what I discovered many years ago, she can no longer support the Democratic Party because its platform and candidates no longer defend the dignity of every human life or marriage and the family and society founded upon it.
The Democratic Party seems to have been co-opted at the leadership level by a strange alliance bent on what I believe is nothing short of a Cultural Revolution.
Jo Ann will not compromise her Catholic faith. She knows Vice President Joe Biden and his family. She told me, "I always looked up to him. I feel badly at over what has happened to him. My Dad was the Old Italian Catholic. He was down to earth, honest and spoke his mind. But he always defended his Catholic faith. That's the kind of man I thought Joe Biden was, only Irish."
Jo Ann decided to act politically in a manner which is morally coherent as a faithful Catholic citizen. She was clear in our conversation about what that means. She told me there are five areas where devout Catholics cannot compromise; abortion, euthanasia, same-sex marriage, human cloning and embryonic stem-cell research.
She explained in her down to earth manner, "If you really look deep in your heart, you look for what the truth of what you're taught, of what the church teaches and what [you] believe as a Catholic Christian, and that's what comes first."
She continued, "When my husband and I saw Joe on Meet the Press and he endorsed same sex "marriage" we couldn't believe it. Then we started getting campaign mail from the Obama/Campaign with Rainbow flags. Marriage is between a man and a woman."
Jo Ann decided she could no longer support either Joe Biden or the Democratic Party.
Jo Ann made an amazing Video which has gone viral on You Tube called "Biden Sold Out." On the eve of the Vice Presidential debate featuring two men who both bear the name Catholic but hold to very different positions on life and marriage, I decided her story needed to be told to the largest audience I had access to, the readers of Catholic Online.
I wrote an article several weeks ago entitled Joe Biden and Paul Ryan, Two Catholic Vice Presidential Candidates and One is Being Faithful It concerns the very different approaches these two men have to allowing their faith to inform their public service.
Jo Ann's video makes the stark difference between these two candidates much clearer.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Biden, Joe Biden, Biden Sold Out, Obama, Romney, Ryan, Marriage, gay marriage, Pro-Life, Democratic Party, Jo Ann Nardelli, Keith A. Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?