Obama puts pregnancy on par with cancer
When death becomes healthcare, we see how sick our society has become.
On October 5th, speaking to supporters in Virginia, Obama claimed that cost-free sterilizations, abortion inducing drugs and contraceptives were good because they would save money. He added about the law, "And we are going to keep it."
Obama touted his healthcare package for providing preventative care, such as mammograms and cancer screenings, to which no person objects. However, lumping contraception in with "preventative care" essentially equates pregnancy with cancer and other unwanted illnesses.
Pregnancy is not an illness.
Consider the elegant, Orwellian nature of his remark, smoothly transitioning from cancer to pregnancy, almost as if they were similar conditions. "I don't think a working mom in Arlington should have to wait to get a mammogram just because money is tight. I don't think a college student in Fairfax or Charlottesville should have to choose between text books or the preventive care that she needs. That's why we passed this law. And I am proud of it. It was the right thing to do. And we are going to keep it."
To be clear, by "preventive care" President Obama means contraceptives, abortifacients, and even abortion.
He then blasted people of conscience by saying, "I don't think your boss should control the care you get."
This is another twist on words, since a boss cannot deny any person what procedures and pills they consume. Employers are only asking not to be forced, under threat of law, to pay for services that directly and explicitly contradict one of the most basic tenets of their faith.
Of course, the biggest lie of all is the very fact that contraceptives, abortifacients, and abortions are even part of the healthcare discussion at all. None of these things are consistent with human health, being inherently designed to prevent the formation of new life, and to destroy any life that is created.
When providing death, free of charge, is considered health care, we realize just how sick our society has really become.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?