Presidential Election and the Supreme Court: 'New-Rights' vs. Authentic Human Rights On the Ballot
there is a "new-right" to not only engage in homosexual sexual practices and live together, which has always existed in societies, but to have that lifestyle given an equivalent legal status to marriage which is then enforced by the police power of the State.
There is a growing misuse of the Police Power to enforce these counterfeit "new-rights" with an iron hand. It is ominous. There is a propaganda effort aimed at those who insist on the existence of a Natural Law. They are dismissed as taking a "religious" position which should be censored, or at least confined to the four walls of a Church. This sophistry is used to confuse people concerning the reasonableness of the Natural Law position.
As we approach the coming Presidential election we must ask where these two candidates stand on human rights and where they think such rights come from. Are they conferred by the government and subject to change? Or, are they endowed by a Creator and inalienable? Here we need to remove beyond the rhetoric and look to their positions. What do these candidates mean when they use the word rights? Are they speaking of true rights or "new-rights".
This has serious implications on how the next person to occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue will govern on many fronts. One aspect of that governance, one which is not being discussed mush, is the next President's choice of as many as four future Supreme Court Justices. There are four Justices who in their seventies, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy and Stephen Breyer.
The Anti-Right to Life decisions of Roe and Doe are perennial reminders of why the choice of Supreme Court Justices matters. This is one of the most important aspects of the power of the Presidency. The majority opinion in Roe and Doe reached into what that Court called the "penumbra" of the Constitution and manufactured a "new-right", producing an indefensible judicial holding and unleashing license masquerading as liberty.
By Judicial Fiat the Roe Court "removed" the Right to Life from millions of our fellow human persons and first neighbors in the first home of the womb. They placed the Police Power of the State behind protecting their killers. Roe was grounded in faulty history, relied upon disproven junk "science" and rejected both the Natural Law and the Equal protection Clause of the US Constitution.
The current Supreme Court has marriage, the role of parents in the education of their children, religious and economic liberty - and many other matters which could determine the future of freedom on its docket. This fact alone should bring every Pro-Life, Family and Freedom American to the ballot box on November 6, 2012. 'New-Rights' and the Future of Authentic Human Rights Is On the Ballot. Don't buy the nonsense that this election doesn't matter. It does - and we are responsible for our choice.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Right to Life, pro-Life, pro-Choice, Supreme Court, Religious Liberty, Freedom, culture war, marriage equality, human rights campaign, Marriage, abortion, Romney, Obama, Biden, Ryan, Deacon Keith Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 'Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was!' Virginia GOP nominee says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?