Warning to all Catholics: Prepare for Catholics for Obama Phone Calls!
How can you support a man who supports the killing of innocent pre-born children for all nine months?
The Obama supporter then launched into her "canned response" and started reading from her call script: "Well, I am a practicing Catholic, and I strongly support President Obama." The mother then asked her if she was "familiar with the Pope's five "non-negotiable's."' The Obama supporter had no idea what she was talking about and explained that it was only the Pope's "opinion" to ban the use of contraception.
WASHINGTON, DC (Catholic Online) - The head of a pro-life committee at a parish I know just received a call from the Obama campaign. The caller asked for her daughter by name, and when she was not there then asked where she could be contacted. Her mother responded by telling the Obama supporter, "not to waste her time as my daughter is supporting the pro-life candidates Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan."
When the caller hesitated and acted surprised, the mother, a staunch pro-life Catholic, said:
"My daughter is a practicing Catholic and would never cast a vote for a pro-abortion, pro-same sex marriage, pro-embryonic stem cell research, pro-euthanasia candidate who supported the HHS mandate that will take away religious freedoms from Catholic hospitals, Catholic charities, and Catholic institutions."
The Obama supporter then launched into her "canned response" and started reading from her call script: "Well, I am a practicing Catholic, and I strongly support President Obama." The mother then asked her if she was "familiar with the Pope's five "non-negotiables."' The Obama supporter had no idea what she was talking about and explained that it was only the Pope's "opinion" to ban the use of contraception.
The Obama caller then went back to her script, asking these clever questions:
1. How can you support a "Mormon" who does not believe in Jesus Christ?
2. What to you think about the "Nuns on the Bus" who support Obama?
The mother replied, "How can you support a man who supports the killing of innocent pre-born children for all nine months?"
Then, she added, "How can you support a president who denigrates the Sacrament of Marriage by supporting same sex marriage which is against the teaching of the Church?"
The Catholic mother then concluded with, "How can you as a Catholic support a president who supports partial birth abortion and did not support the Born Alive Protection Act when he was a state senator in Illinois?"
Now, get this! The Obama supporter, again reading from her call script, countered, "President Obama did not support abortion."
As the chair of a pro-life committee, this Catholic woman was more than up to the task of correcting the caller. She asked her "to do some homework." For example, did she notice that as recently as the Democratic Convention "pro-abortion speakers and supporters of Planned Parenthood were the featured speakers?"
Then came the biggest whopper of all. The Obama supporter said, "Planned Parenthood helps children get health care and prenatal care and does not promote abortion."
Stunning, isn't it? The lies people are willing to tell....
The pro-life Catholic then asked the caller her name, but she would only reveal her first name, Cheryl, to a "crack pot." Rather than "losing her cool" at being addressed in such a manner, the mother continued to educate the Obama supporter about the things she was misrepresenting about Planned Parenthood and its abortion business; about abortion itself.
"Have you ever watched an abortion?" she asked the caller. The mother had been an RN and volunteered at a crisis pregnancy clinic. She suggested to the Catholic Obama supporter to "enlighten herself on the abortion procedure; that it was the slaughter of innocent children and not a penny of my tax money should support the killing of an innocent child."
As far as the "nuns on the bus" were concerned, she told the caller, "The Vatican is in the process of investigating their activities." As far as Mitt being a Mormon she said, "I support him."
Catholics across the nation should be prepared to receive these deceitful and dissembling phone calls. They should learn from this Catholic mother, this pro-life warrior and RN, to speak the truth, with charity, to those who are willing to tell lies in support of their favored political candidate.
These Catholics for Obama calls are coming your way -- the scripts are written, their call centers are ready, and they are well-funded.
Deal W. Hudson is president of the Pennsylvania Catholics Network.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Why America's Catholics Need an Apocalypse
- Surveillance is 'setting fire' to the Internet, whistle blower Snowden says
- INTERNET TAKEOVER: Senator introduces bill to prevent online takeover from U.N., or foreign power
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?