Dems say they want free abortion on demand
Official party platform contains most divisive language yet on issue.
The mask came off last night at the Democratic national convention, although there was little question of what was behind it. The party released its official platform for 2012 saying it unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade. However it was a twist the party added to their platform that's raising eyebrows today.
Right now, they're winning.
The "regardless of ability to pay" suggests that the party intends to compel you to pay for abortions with your tax dollars, after all, abortion is big business and the mongers must be paid.
The Obama camp has repeatedly attempted, with some success, to compel everyone to pay for abortions, except for those receiving them. Churches, religious institutions, and even private firms and individuals, regardless of the faith that informs their conscience, must pay money towards an inherently evil and immoral activity.
In other words, the Democratic party, starting with Obama at its head, expects you to swallow their vision of morality and cooperate in what they feel is okay, despite the basic truth of a God they also claim to follow and Natural Law.
Fortunately, most Americans recognize that using taxpayer dollars to fund abortions is a gross violation of the First Amendment. A 2009 Quinnipac poll found that 72 percent of all voters opposed public funding of the procedure.
Unfortunately, these 72 percent are not driving the Democratic platform and apparently have no voice in the Obama administration.
"I'm pro-choice" Obama said when he was once asked if he supports abortion in all situations, including late-term.
If Americans reelect Obama, they can expect to see an expansion of practices that a whopping 72 percent of them agree are wrong. Americans will see less freedom of religion and conscience as the Democrats driving the country increasingly dictate what America's guiding moral principles will be.
In that case, tragically, Americans will be getting the government they deserve.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Abortion, Democrats, convention, Obama
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Supreme Court: No, you can't ask for proof of citizenship for voter registration
- What happens when the Culture of Surveillance meets the Culture of Corruption?
- Obama tells Charlie Rose Americans are uninformed on NSA program. So why doesn't he inform us?
- Bombshell: Low-level NSA agents can wiretap anyone, even the president, sans warrant
- PRISM precursor programs sparked concerns, potential resignations under Bush
- Facebook, Microsoft reveal number of government requests for your info, but no details
- Whistle-blower Snowden says Obama can still save face after PRISM debacle
- The Culture of Life: Senator Rand Paul gets it right
- Obamacare to cost everybody more than they are paying now
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?