Romney: Obama campaign 'based on falsehood and dishonesty'
Republican candidate points to cover-up of Fast and Furious by Obama administration
Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney was fuming over recent
accusations made by the Obama White House. The president had accused the
Romney camp of running a "campaign based on falsehood and dishonesty."
In the meantime, some concerned conservatives have requested that Romney
release more than two years of his previous tax returns in order to
deflect mounting criticism.
Mitt Romney referred to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's call for Romney to 'stop whining' when the Obama campaign attacks him. 'I think when people accuse you of a crime, you have every reason to go after them pretty hard,' Romney said.
"The president only has one thing going, and that is constant attacks on me. They're dishonest. They're misdirected. And I think the American people recognize that kind of politics as something of the past. It may work in Chicago, but it's not going to work across America."
Romney also brushed aside requests from members in the GOP to release more of his tax returns, saying it would only give the Obama campaign "more things to pick through, more things for their opposition research to make a mountain out of, and to distort and to be dishonest about."
IN retaliation, Romney directed attention to Obama's executive privilege over documents related to Fast and Furious. "If we want to talk about transparency, the real issue is, why has this president used his presidential power and executive privilege to keep the information about the Fast and Furious program from being explained to the American people?" Romney declared.
Romney referred to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's call for Romney to "stop whining" when the Obama campaign attacks him. "I think when people accuse you of a crime, you have every reason to go after them pretty hard," Romney said.
The Romney campaign has attempted to move past a week of talking about the candidate's years working at Bain Capital by beginning a new offensive accusing the Obama administration of handing out business to campaign donors while middle-class families suffered.
"I think it's wrong. I think it stinks to high heaven. I think the administration has to explain how it is they would consider giving money to campaign contributors," Romney said on Fox.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Mitt Romney, falsehoods, fast and Furious, tax returns
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?