Planned Parenthood plans retaliation against NC women
Organization says it will cut cancer screenings, but not abortions.
Planned Parenthood plans to retaliate against North Carolina women after state legislators affirmed their decision to strip the infamous private abortion provider of state funding. Claiming that an estimated $200,000 isn't used to finance abortions, North Carolina's Planned Parenthood abortion mills have threatened to cut cancer screenings and other services - but not abortions.
Governor Bev Perdue originally vetoed the budget. Now overridden by her legislature, the new budget is in effect as of July 1. Although not mentioning the term, Planned Parenthood clearly plans retaliation.
Planned Parenthood claims that state funds are never used for abortions. This ignores the reality that money is a fungible resource and funds spent in one area free other monies to be spent on abortions. However, Planned Parenthood has already announced they will make cuts to cancer screenings and other health care services they provide, but not abortions.
Fortunately, some of those threatened cuts do include contraceptives and abortifacients.
However, the fixation on abortions, even when money is scarce, should reveal even that Planned Parenthood's agenda isn't life-affirming and women's health has never been a goal of the organization.
The new law cuts $200,000 from Planned Parenthood and redirects at least $343,000 back to the state.
Agencies that offer services to truly protect women's health will now receive the money. County health departments will use the funds to provide affordable care to women and children that do not include services with a 50 percent mortality rate.
Planned Parenthood still plans to fight for their money and is considering legal action against the state - as if the state has a requirement to fund private organizations such as Planned Parenthood. They still might win their money back if an activist judge can be found to hear the case.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Federal judge declares NSA's collection of domestic phone records unconstitutional
- Shocking! Sebelius tells truth: YES, Obamacare will cost you more.
- The Collapse of Culture Calls for 'Radical' Christian Action
- Sibelius grilled over lie to committee, tells everyone to look up information for themselves
- Fiercely democratic Oregon only signs up 44 people for Obamacare
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?