Even Obama's liberal Harvard law professor thinks Obama stinks
Obama's own teacher wants to see him defeated.
Teachers normally root for their pupils which is what makes the criticism from one of Obama's former professors particularly damaging. Roberto Unger, Obama's former professor at the Harvard Law School, posted a YouTube video on may 22 which has gone viral. Unger says that Obama must be defeated.
Obama's Harvard Law professor Roberto Unger in a still from his YouTube video. Unger thinks Obama should be voted out of office in November.
Unger is clearly a liberal, but even he believes that the best course for America is to stop Obama. In his video, he concedes that conservatives would gain "in judicial and administrative appointments" but said this would be worth the cost because things can't get any worse under a Republican.
The professor added, "the Democratic Party proposes no new direction."
He also accused Obama as serving only the wealthy and running from difficult issues to avoid fights.
Unger listed his complaints:
- "His policy is financial confidence and food stamps."
- "He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices."
- "He has delivered the politics of democracy to the rule of money."
- "He has disguised his surrender with an empty appeal to tax justice."
- "He has reduced justice to charity."
- "He has subordinated the broadening of economic and educational opportunity to the important but secondary issue of access to health care in the mistaken belief that he would be spared a fight."
- "He has evoked a politics of handholding, but no one changes the world without a struggle."
Unger's complaints are not unique to him. Many Americans feel Obama has failed to show strong leadership at a time of crisis, and that the country has very little to show for four years of an Obama presidency. A Main Street recession continues, Wall Street is showing signs of weakening again, and the US remains involved in military activity around the globe with fresh fights looming.
After four years, it appears the nation will have only the death of Osama bin Laden to offer in the balance pan. Meanwhile, the president's pet legislative effort, healthcare reform appears poised to be struck down entirely, or at least gutted of its most important provision. All this while a war the administration tries to convince the public that aborting children and compromising women's health does not somehow constitute a war on women; what else do you call it when women and children die?
Finally, the administration's attacks on the Catholic Church and the first amendment have even moderates enraged.
It is a telling thing when Obama's former fans tear his posters from the wall and pledge their support to the opposition. To win the Republicans merely need to reach crucial swing vote populations to convince them that the Obama hype is over. And with Obama's biggest fans fleeing his side, the job should be that much easier.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Unger, Obama, professor, Harvard, law, election
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?