Should A Christian Support Obama?
So what does all of this mean? God knows the unborn child. The Bible teaches that the child in the womb is truly a human child, who even has a relationship with the Lord. He curses the man who slays an innocent. Wouldn't you agree that an unborn baby is innocent? To abort (from the Latin word aboriri, meaning "to perish") is to kill an innocent person, and the Bible affirms that (unrepentant) murderers cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, as "outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the unchaste, the murderers, the idol-worshipers, and all who love and practice deceit." (Revelation 22:15)
So why don't I like Obama? Because he does things like this:
- As an Illinois Senator, he voted AGAINST a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions.
- He voted AGAINST requiring parental consent for minors who seek an abortion.
- He is so Pro-Abortion that the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gave him a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record as a senator.
- He has consistently refused to support legislation that would define an infant who survives a late-term induced-labor abortion as a human being with the right to live. He insists that no restriction must ever be placed on the right of a mother to decide to abort her child, regardless of whether the CHILD has SURVIVED the initial attempt and is therefore outside of the womb and STILL BREATHING!
- He openly supports and is endorsed by Planned Parenthood; the organization that kills an average of 910 unborn infants per day.
- He ensures that PP receives almost $400 million in government (taxpayer-funded) grants a year.
- On the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade he stated this was a chance to recognize the "fundamental constitutional right" to abortion and to "continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams."
- In reference to his own daughters and abortion he stated "But if they made a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."
Obama claims to live by The Golden Rule:
Matthew 7:12, "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets."
Would he care for someone to besiege him and literally tear his arms and legs from his body? And then leave him to suffer if he does not instantly die? Abortion is an obvious violation of the golden rule.
Ecclesiastes 3:14: I recognized that whatever God does will endure forever; there is no adding to it, or taking from it. Thus has God done that He may be revered.
If God allows a child to be conceived, then God obviously has a plan for that child. Mary's parents didn't know that she'd give birth to the Savior of the world, but she did. God has a plan for unborn children. Check out Luke 1:13-17, Genesis 4:25 and Judges 13:3-5. To abort an unborn child is to stop a plan of God. God is eternal, so His work is also eternal. Abortion is an attempt to do away with unwanted people-an attempt to make a liar out of God by bringing an end to His work.
I'm sorry, friend, but I cannot sit by in silence and approve of an individual's choice to continually strip dignity and humanity away from innocent human children. So, THIS is one of the reasons why as a Christian I MUST speak out against our current president. To sit silently would make me an accomplice. I'm not a lawyer, a politician, or a minister, so my power only comes from my words. Therefore I can only write and speak the Truth; and the Truth is, "Proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching. For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths."
- - -
Objective Truth from a Hellbent Catholic
Keywords: Living Faith, Obama, Abortion, Politics, LT Horton, Pro-Life, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Marriage, African American,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Eric Holder says he will investigate the IRS for Obama
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?