Documents prove secret Obama membership in far-left 'New Party'
Documents now prove Obama joined New Party socialist movement.
"Obama is a socialist" seems to be one of the mantras of the right, but while most mantras are grounded in ideology and wishful thinking, this one appears firmly rooted in the evidence. A report by Stanley Kurtz in an upcoming issue of the National Review shows that Obama not only has ties to a leftist-socialist party, but that he also tried to cover those ties in 2008 as he ran for election.
Obama was involved with the party for some time beginning with his acceptance into the group in January of 1996. The party dissolved itself in the late 90's. The party's "central aim was to move the United States steadily closer to European Style social democracy," according to Kurtz.
The party also criticized mainstream Democrats, and called for revolution (albeit peaceful).
Of course, the scandal isn't simply that Obama once held (or still holds) views that are dramatically to the left of his own (present) party. It's that he actively tried to hide this affiliation while running for president, probably because most Americans would find themselves quite unwilling to vote for a self-proclaimed left-socialist.
As early as October of 2008, when news first broke into the mainstream media regarding Obama's checkered political past, his campaign managers moved swiftly to deny it. Kurtz explains that his allegations were dismissed as "a crackpot smear" against Obama. Managers publicly insisted that Obama had always been a member of only one party, the Democratic Party. They even put up a website dedicated to rebutting this fact.
"I rebutted this, but the debate was never taken up by the mainstream press" Kurtz lamented in his article.
Now the whole country could be lamenting that fact.
Kurtz is now sharing new evidence brought to light via the records of Illinois ACORN that show Obama was indeed a member of the New Party and his contrary statements are blatant lies told with a straight face directly to the American people.
Kurtz shared an excerpt from the New Party's Chicago chapter minutes, dated January 11, 1996. The excerpt reveals that Obama signed the New Party's "Candidate Contract," that he requested their endorsement, and actually became a member of the party, all while running for the State Senate.
This is not a situation where Obama could have misspoke, or people might not recall basic facts with accuracy. Attending a meeting, joining a political party and seeking their endorsement after signing their "contract" isn't something one normally forgets. And while Obama, his campaign managers and former associates might all suffer from collective amnesia, there is no defense for lying to the American people in an effort to win their votes.
Americans expect a certain amount of doublespeak from their politicos because that's how the campaign process works. It is understood that campaign speeches and promises ought to be taken with a grain of salt. However, a blatant, orchestrated lie bolstered by an entire website built to bury it is inexcusable.
And if Obama and his allies do in fact have some form of amnesia that prevents them from accurately recalling events from sixteen years ago, then perhaps that is another good reason to vote against them as well.
The full version of Kurtz' article will be published in the June 25 issue of the National Review.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?