Romney not receiving the majority of Latino votes
Romney needs a 'magic number' to beat Obama.
Like every recent Republican nominee for president before him, Mitt Romney will not be carrying the Latino vote. However, improving where he stands among Latinos is extremely important for his chance to defeat President Obama.
Romney is sure that the economy will be the most important factor in the election.
Although there is no exact "Latino number" that Romney must receive to guarantee his victory in key states, the closer he gets to 40, the better his chances will be. As of now, Romney has a wider lead over Obama among non-Hispanic whites than John McCain did on the 2008 election day. However, Romney is attracting a small one-fourth of the Latino vote, which is among the worst showings by a Republican presidential nominee in the past 35 years. His current status on immigration reform has indeed complicated his efforts to appeal to the nation's largest minority group.
Romney is sure that the economy will be the most important factor in the election, but he is very well aware of his "personal Latino problem." He warned that unless more Hispanics can be convinced to vote Republican this next election, President Obama's superior lead in the polls among Latinos "spells doom for us."
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Republican, Democrat, Latino, election, news
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Eric Holder says he will investigate the IRS for Obama
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?