Romney picks up steam against Obama
Romney campaign keeping even with Obama in contributions.
In another sign that Romney is nipping close at Obama's heels, Romney's campaign generated $40.1 million in April, almost as much as Obama raised during the same time. Fundraising is crucial as experts now believe the election will be close and decided by voters in a few battleground states.
Romney is catching up to Obama in both fundraising and polls.
In April, the Obama campaign reported raising $43.6 million. Obama also has a tremendous head start. Such is the advantage of being an incumbent, primary challenges are rare, and it's easier to raise and save funds when there's no risk of opposition.
Although Obama has the advantage in cash, that advantage may evaporate as the campaign heats up over the summer. Romney has a great knack for fundraising and he is gaining in public opinion polls. At the moment, Romney is in a virtual tie for a win in November.
Still, the Democrats have one secret weapon, which Republicans are yet to match - their use of technology. Last year, Catholic Online reported that the Obama campaign was using (not so) secret databasing technology to increase campaign efficiency. Republicans are still yet to catch up. Obama even has an app for that. Romney? Not yet.
Still, Romney is expected to make a strong bid for the presidency. Many Americans want better leadership in the White House and they expect Romney will deliver. And this isn't just rhetoric, for as the numbers prove, they are willing to put their money where their mouths are.
The question for Romney then is, how fast can he get the money and put it to work for America?
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Romney, Obama, war chest billion, millions, fundraising, reelection, 2012, campaign, bundling
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 'Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was!' Virginia GOP nominee says
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?